Random Thoughts....

One way to put it. And he has the most boganic voice I've ever heard outside of ads for sheds on regional television.

So he's from Brisbane then?

I was just surprised to see a bloke who sounded like he has animals in his family tree and looked like a slightly uglier version of me. Anyway, with that hostility out of the way, I guess he seemed like a nice enough guy in the end.

Still a tosser though :lol:

I was asking people what to do for my birthday this year since it is the first birthday I'll spend in Australia in a long time. Most people responded with answers that basically meant have a 'skins' party, but I dunno, I'm not so keen on that. I do want something that's exciting but just not so much that it'll get people (read: me) arrested.

I was just surprised to see a bloke who sounded like he has animals in his family tree and looked like a slightly uglier version of me. Anyway, with that hostility out of the way, I guess he seemed like a nice enough guy in the end.

Still a tosser though :lol:

Who knows maybe she wanted to get back together with you and sent the message in the form of 'Look, I'm dating a guy slightly worse looking than you, see? see? I still want you, I've even gone to the lengths of procuring this lookalike!'. :lol:

I was asking people what to do for my birthday this year since it is the first birthday I'll spend in Australia in a long time. Most people responded with answers that basically meant have a 'skins' party, but I dunno, I'm not so keen on that. I do want something that's exciting but just not so much that it'll get people (read: me) arrested.

Weird... Friend of mine had no alcohol at his 18th birthday party 2weeks ago, not to mention no cigarettes or drugs, mainly because a bunch of the invitees are underage, but that's besides the point. Then again, we completed the party by attempting a Lord of the Rings marathon, so there may have been a few too many healthy nerds present D:

In any case, do some thing that YOU want to do. If your friends think you're boring and leave, then, I'm sorry to put it this bluntly, you need better friends.

P.S: You get wayyy better friends at Uni. Something about loud nerds converging to talk about memes and GPUs and SSDs and argue intel vs AMD during comp lectures means you get friends *FAST* at Uni. I made more friends in a month at Uni than I did during my whole time in Primary and Secondary (High) School....

In any case, do some thing that YOU want to do.
This exactly. It is your party, after all. Let them do the "skins" thing when it's theirs, and they can trash their own parents' houses.

P.S: You get wayyy better friends at Uni.
The friends I made in my first semester I spent the rest of my time there trying to avoid :lol: But yeah, the following time was spent in the bar with some of the best mates I've ever had.

Weird... Friend of mine had no alcohol at his 18th birthday party 2weeks ago, not to mention no cigarettes or drugs, mainly because a bunch of the invitees are underage, but that's besides the point. Then again, we completed the party by attempting a Lord of the Rings marathon, so there may have been a few too many healthy nerds present D:

In any case, do some thing that YOU want to do. If your friends think you're boring and leave, then, I'm sorry to put it this bluntly, you need better friends.

P.S: You get wayyy better friends at Uni. Something about loud nerds converging to talk about memes and GPUs and SSDs and argue intel vs AMD during comp lectures means you get friends *FAST* at Uni. I made more friends in a month at Uni than I did during my whole time in Primary and Secondary (High) School....

Yeah, I just don't want to spend all this money on a nice party only to have everyone leave 15 minutes in. I don't want drugs or alcohol either, especially as seeing all of the participants will be underage. I suppose in a few years, I want friends that I can watch Lost in Translation with without them calling me pretentious or rather ones that I can genuinely talk to about anything, even serious stuff. Probably not going to find that in high school when everyone over uses words/phrases like 'pumped' or 'classic' or 'you're not big' or 'come at me bro' to the point where it loses all meaning. I imagine in ten years it will be the University friends you'll keep around as towards high school friends whom you'll just make fun of.

Edit: Is 'as towards' even a phrase? Hmm...was probably was thinking of something other phrase, but I can't quite remember what it was

Last edited:
The leading candidate for the position of HWF-II dated Tiff Needell's younger brother when she was a teenager.

Obviously had no effect since when I took her car shopping yesterday she'd never heard of Stop/Start technology.

The leading candidate for the position of HWF-II dated Tiff Needell's younger brother when she was a teenager.

Obviously had no effect since when I took her car shopping yesterday she'd never heard of Stop/Start technology.
The Mrs is fully au fait with stop/stop technology! :lol:

The friends I made in my first semester I spent the rest of my time there trying to avoid :lol: But yeah, the following time was spent in the bar with some of the best mates I've ever had.

Stop sitting in the shitty section of lecture rooms :p. I met the first few of my friends in my first Eng project, and now hang out with the cool guys in the K17 CSE Basement (there be power ports a plenty and decent wifi there)

Yeah, I just don't want to spend all this money on a nice party only to have everyone leave 15 minutes in. I don't want drugs or alcohol either, especially as seeing all of the participants will be underage. I suppose in a few years, I want friends that I can watch Lost in Translation with without them calling me pretentious or rather ones that I can genuinely talk to about anything, even serious stuff. Probably not going to find that in high school when everyone over uses words/phrases like 'pumped' or 'classic' or 'you're not big' or 'come at me bro' to the point where it loses all meaning. I imagine in ten years it will be the University friends you'll keep around as towards high school friends whom you'll just make fun of.

Edit: Is 'as towards' even a phrase? Hmm...was probably was thinking of something other phrase, but I can't quite remember what it was

Pretty much. In HS most people are immature morons. That's not to say that you can't find some *very* mature people there (everyone in my core group of HS friends, me included, were quite more mature than most for our age), but the norm is immature brats who just strut about talking nothing but air.

I haven't been in much contact with my high school friends (and I have a poor track record of keeping track of those who move schools) since most of them weren't really close friends of mine. Now to think of it, I only had at least a couple of people that I confided in. The rest I never mingled with, or just didn't to mingle with at all.

In fact, once you choose your specific area of study, you will find shitloads of people to like.

I stumbled upon First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes.

Watching the video for that was like watching the end of Toy Story 3 all over again.

:D If anyone has a time machine I'll dial back to the early 90s and go tell myself!

:lmao: I'll need a lift too. I need to have a long hard talk with myself. Although possibly more along the lines of "life is not uni-bar -> library -> uni-bar -> library" and "stay away from him, he's a fuckwit"

:lmao: I'll need a lift too. I need to have a long hard talk with myself. Although possibly more along the lines of "life is not uni-bar -> library -> uni-bar -> library" and "stay away from him, he's a fuckwit"

I spotted one of your mistakes and will pass on the message when I get then.

I won't take a picture of it, as it'd just be a blur or removals, but I've just noticed that on my prescription there is a doctor who is 'Dr Durr'. :lol:

We've got a business card around here somewhere for A. Nutter. I shit you not.

This morning I woke up to sounds of my parents crying.

My uncle in India died. My mom's younger brother.

For all of my life, the 7 of them on that side of the family have stayed strong and weathered through everything. Both of my grandparents are still alive on that side, my grandpa is 92 for god's sake.

Now we're down one, and I can't tell you how angry I am at God and at this universe.

Why would you take the purest of all souls? The man I had maximum respect for that wasn't my own father. Out of respect for my uncle, I will not swear. But damnit I hate the universe right now.

I'm going to India, because my mom and my aunt and uncle are all in shambles, and I want to be there to give them support in this hard time.

Life has a way of doing things huh?