At which season did you start following Top Gear?

At which season did you start following Top Gear?

• Total voters
I think it was back in 2005, sometime in the middle of the 6th series. Of course, it wasn't airing in Canada at the time (at least, I don't think it was). I remember watching small clips of it on YouTube and StreetFire, then started to watch some of the full episodes they had there and eventually Wiki'ed Top Gear to see what it was about, found the Final Gear link from the Wikipedia page and started downloading full episodes via torrent.

Last edited:
I think it might've been season 6 or 7. Then I was watching it on youtube, then I found Final Gear in '07 and I've been downloading episodes from the current and past series...
I cannot get enough of Top Gear.

I was a little late to the party, I started watching after my dad subscribed to BBC Canada a few years back, then I downloaded pretty much all the seasons. It was just before the beginning of season 11.

Summer 05 started googling about N?rburgring because I was going there with my own car and somehow found out about S05E05 and Jeremy taking the diesel Jag to the ring. Been glued to the show ever since.

Did 11 something minutes in a diesel golf back then :lol: :p

I started in 2002, the first season of the new series.
For English at school we had to watch English television without Dutch subtitles. I stombled across Top Gear. Loved it, thought it was funny and have been there ever since. Especially since s03 and onwards, when i found out how I could know when it was back on.

I used to watch it with my stepdad when I was very little (born in '79) and remember having a daydream/fantasy of running my fingers through Clarkson's huge mop of hair... yes I was a weird child! Ah the memories...

I started when season 8 was being shown on BBC America I couldn't believe what they were doing to their Renault Espace, around late 2007. Unfortunately, my parents changed the channel before I had a chance to see the rest of the episode. I was relieved when I found I could download all the episodes from that series as well as the previous.

i remember watching it on thursday nights on BBC2 at 8:30 when Horizon followed it afterwards. i guess around 1996 or 1997. used to stay up on school nights just to watch it

The first i saw was propably the Olympic special, but i downloaded season 11, and that was so funny i downloaded the rest.

My first episode was the one with the Britcar challenge. Ascari A10, a race with a bunch of BMXers, and an epic 24 hour race. What an introduction to a show. It's still my favourite nonspecial episode.

Bump! Added seasons 15 and 16 to the poll.

I remember seeing the programme back in 1997, when I was seven. I have a vague memory of seeing Tiff, Quentin, Clarkson and Vicki Butler--Henderson on a few episodes up until 2001, but I can't actually remember the segments themselves. However, since the 2002 relaunch, I have watched every episode.

first episode I remember watching was S01E04 with Steve Coogan as the guest. Not that I had much idea who he was given I was living in New Zealand at the time but one of my coworkers said the first couple episodes were funny so I decided to tune in...and haven't stopped :lol:

edit: epidoes...nice, no idea what those are, lol

Last edited:
It was series 4 and the first episode which I saw was 0403 (the cheap car challenge).
I had seen some bits from the earlier ones on tv but never an entire episode.
0403 - one of top gear's best to be honest

The first episode I watched was S07E03 the supercar trip to France. I had been flipping through the channel guide and somehow stumbled upon it and have been hooked ever since.

The first episode I ever saw was by accident, and it was the The Convertible People Carrier one. This got my interest enough to start going back.

In about 4 months, I had watched from season Eight back to the middle of season 2. By this time, I was hearing the stories about Richard almost dying in the crash, so I took a whole weekend to watch from season 1 all the way up to the current one (at that time) of the stretch limos.

Been a huge fan ever since. :)

I think I voted for Season 5...dunno why.

Last edited: