Portal 2 [Contains spoilers, you've been warned!]

Tried split screen co-op with sister... out of desperation.
I was basically playing both parts, I gave up on level 2, chamber 4. :(

are spoiler tags really still necessary 3 weeks after release?

most people who were going to get it have got it, and people who didn't are probably avoiding the thread completely.

Some people that are mid-campaign drop by the thread, but that's a fair point. Spoiler away now. :)

That's my cue.

*leaves

More on co-op, which mainly involved me shouting at my sister.
The only way to play it, is with a mic.

The ping tool doesn't really explain a situation like "Ok put one portal here, then another here. Get to this platform and wait there while I get to the other switch"

It would if you were playing with someone you spent a lot of time building LEGO with growing up.

Since we can spoiler away now:
The game contains potatoes.

I just love that space core so much i wanna adopt it in space :D

More on co-op, which mainly involved me shouting at my sister.
The only way to play it, is with a mic.

The ping tool doesn't really explain a situation like "Ok put one portal here, then another here. Get to this platform and wait there while I get to the other switch"

Why exactly can't you play it with other people? I'm sure you'd enjoy it much more with a steam friend... I played with some guys on the forum and it was awesome. We ran through those levels so fast it was ridiculous.

Last edited:
Why exactly can't you play it with other people? I'm sure you'd enjoy it much more with a steam friend... I played with some guys on the forum and it was awesome. We ran through those levels so fast it was ridiculous.

No PSN, so my PS3 can't play it online. No way to activate my PC steam code, because I need PSN access.

Yeah, the cores are awesome!

No PSN, so my PS3 can't play it online. No way to activate my PC steam code, because I need PSN access.

Ahhhh no PSN, we all suffer for that one :( Valve should have provided another way to activate the PC version seeing as how PSN is not coming back time time soon.

There's no way they could have planned for that. And putting a separate PC code in the PS3 retail Portal 2 would have led to PC activation codes selling on eBay. Linking accounts was the best solution, albeit the PSN downtime of the century killed it for almost all Portal 2 PS3 owners.

There's no way they could have planned for that. And putting a separate PC code in the PS3 retail Portal 2 would have led to PC activation codes selling on eBay. Linking accounts was the best solution, albeit the PSN downtime of the century killed it for almost all Portal 2 PS3 owners.

There is a PC serial code in the box, but you have to link first and then put the code into Steam on PC.

I'm just lucky I managed to link before it went down. I'm also lucky to have lots of geeky friends so all of my co-op has been local.

I never had time to fully listen to the Fact Sphere in the game, so here is his full dialogue. Disclaimer: his facts are cake not facts.

Last edited: