My uber-sedan (E39 M5 content ITT)

Somebody's jealous........:razz:

such high quality pics, and that's the best proof pic you can come up with?
last time i checked a 520d has the same headlights...

and those pics look way to familiar! are you sure it's your car?

New Jersey plates and you live in Vermont? :rolleyes:

and isnt it required to have two plates in vermont? front and back

well thats a diffrent story, nj does not require front plate. im off!

Thanks guys, glad you like it! Just spent some quality time giving her a bath...and touching up a bunch of paint chips on the front end.

Excellent car, best BMW ever made IMHO. I'm hoping to pick one up one day, although the reliability woes have been scaring me off a bit. How's the reliability been for you?
Reliability has been pretty good actually, all things considered. I've had some clutch issues, but that had to do with aftermarket parts. Cant blame the car there. I also had the secondary air system failure, where carbon deposits clog up passageways in the heads and basically set off the check engine light. It's purely an emissions system and doesn't effect the cars performance at all. Just kind of a head ache. I had that problem fixed with a software reflash. I've also done a good amount of maintenance to keep a 100k mile car driving like a new car. Replaced a lot of bushings, ball joints ect... Valve cover gaskets were replaced. Currently the car has some slop in the steering that I've determined is coming from the steering box. Having a box rebuilt to solve that. I'm pretty picky, so the little things bother me lol.

such high quality pics, and that's the best proof pic you can come up with?
last time i checked a 520d has the same headlights...

and those pics look way to familiar! are you sure it's your car?
What does that even mean...those pictures look "too familiar"?? Because you've seen them before it somehow dis validates them?

And yea, the other pics are nice and clear...I took those with a DSLR. Wasn't about to go all out on a stupid proof picture.

New Jersey plates and you live in Vermont? :rolleyes:
Yup...you guys are a skeptical bunch!

and isnt it required to have two plates in vermont? front and back

here we go...

btw from flickr: Hometown: Rumson, NJ Currently: Burlington, VT, USA
Thanks man. I'm working up in Vermont...haven't decided if its permanent enough to change licenses, registration and what not.

well thats a diffrent story, nj does not require front plate. im off!
NJ actually does require front plates. I just refuse to drill holes in the bumper and mount it...spoils the looks anyway. *knock on wood* but I've never had an issue. Not strictly enforced I guess.

My dad doesn't have a front plate on his Audi in the we-will-screw-you-over-for-anything state of Assachusetts and he's never had any issues (*knock on wood*).

Btw, a bunch of car dudes and I will be in Burlington at some point this summer; currently shooting for late-June. We're cruising up there for lunch so if you want to come grab a bite with us I can let you know when and where (once I figure it out :p) There might be two E30 M3s with us ;)

Yea man, shoot me a PM when you're heading up. Sounds like fun, I'd love to drool over some E30 M3's haha

:lol: We are now. A couple years ago the 'troll problem' came to a head, so now some kind of proof is required. Don't take it personally. If anything it's a testament to how clean your car is.

Thanks guys, glad you like it! Just spent some quality time giving her a bath...and touching up a bunch of paint chips on the front end.

Reliability has been pretty good actually, all things considered. I've had some clutch issues, but that had to do with aftermarket parts. Cant blame the car there. I also had the secondary air system failure, where carbon deposits clog up passageways in the heads and basically set off the check engine light. It's purely an emissions system and doesn't effect the cars performance at all. Just kind of a head ache. I had that problem fixed with a software reflash. I've also done a good amount of maintenance to keep a 100k mile car driving like a new car. Replaced a lot of bushings, ball joints ect... Valve cover gaskets were replaced. Currently the car has some slop in the steering that I've determined is coming from the steering box. Having a box rebuilt to solve that. I'm pretty picky, so the little things bother me lol.

What does that even mean...those pictures look "too familiar"?? Because you've seen them before it somehow dis validates them?

And yea, the other pics are nice and clear...I took those with a DSLR. Wasn't about to go all out on a stupid proof picture.

It's skepticism and some jealousy. Don't worry, many of the forum members are quite young or don't have much money so it's tough for them to obtain the cars they dream about.

E39 M5 > Any other M5

Love it cburke!