Really Old Server status thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, one came out today. I'll be doing the upgrade tonight, barring any major problems.

Yay! As far as I know, the Qubetuber's SMP is running fine on it and they have a lot of the same mods as us, and a bunch more.

Server is updated, but I need to figure out what to do about Minecart Mania, so rails are broken right now.

The new boosters seem to work really well, I've tested them in singleplayer, a lot simpler than minecart mania imo; at least when it comes to launchers.

I made both the old and new work. More in the morning.

There is a problem with the Nether and being hit by Ghasts, you get disconnected by the server for flying.

There is a problem with the Nether and being hit by Ghasts, you get disconnected by the server for flying.

I'll see if there's anything I can do (I suppose at worst I can disable anti-flying protection).

Oh, I guess I should go ahead and mention: Nether is "working", which basically means you can create portals and go to the nether world. It should have a 8->1 world->nether expansion (move 1 block in nether, pop out 8 blocks away in world) like in single player, and the nether should have ghasts and pigmen. I hear there are still problems with ghast fireballs being invisible, and some other things might be glitchy; this is because Notch hasn't made Nether work in SMP well yet.

So is this the "actual" Nether, or some intermediate solution just to enable it?
Have had a wander around, ghastprojectiles are invisible, everything else seems to be a-ok.
Again, thanks for all the work.

Building a power plant with nether portals as reactors means i've got quite a few kicking around!

So is this the "actual" Nether, or some intermediate solution just to enable it?
Have had a wander around, ghastprojectiles are invisible, everything else seems to be a-ok.
Again, thanks for all the work.
Well, it's actual nether, although the way it works in multiplayer is a bit different than in single-player. In multiplayer, there are allowed to be as many different worlds as you want, and you can make them nether or regular. The plugin has to do the translation between the different worlds to make sure people end up in the right places, and to handle creation of portals.

Building a power plant with nether portals as reactors means i've got quite a few kicking around!

Unless your power plant is really huge, expect them to all teleport to the same place.

I upgraded the server to work with client version 1.6.6. I'm sure there are bugs, so please let me know when you find them!

Probably because it crashed. I restarted it.

in my TOTAL incopetence I accidentally stopped the server @ 12:36 GMT+3 time! (about the time this post has been made!

AND i don't have any way to restart it :(
/me feels ashamed and utterly nuub.

we only make mistakes so we learn from them.

i'll just have to wait to get my MC fix.

I updated the server. Don't know if anything has changed. I'm really busy with school and moving right now, so please post in this thread if there are problems with the server (you can also email me at my username on gmail). I haven't been paying much attention to the forums or IRC in the past few weeks.

1.7 is coming tomorrow...

1.7 is coming tomorrow...

Yes, so don't upgrade if you want to keep playing on the server. I'll post again when bukkit has a working build out and I've upgraded the server. Note that I don't have any computers capable of playing Minecraft right now, so I'll need help testing.

No worries, we know the drill ;)
You get your stuff done first.

Status
Not open for further replies.