V
Detroit 1-8-7
Better with You
Off the Map
Brothers & Sisters
No Ordinary Family

CBS

Renewed:
How I Met Your Mother (Renewed up til' the 8th season)
The Big Bang Theory (Renewed up til' 7th season)
NCIS
Two and a Half Men [Officially coming back for a ninth season]

Canceled:
Chaos
Medium

Fox

Renewed:
Fringe
American Dad
Bob's Burgers
The Cleveland Show
Raising Hope
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Glee
Bones
House

Canceled:
Running Wilde
The Good Guys
Lone Star
Human Target
Breaking In
Traffic Light
Lie to Me
The Chicago Code

NBC

Renewed:
The Office
Parks & Recreation
30 Rock
Community
Harry's Law
Chuck
Parenthood

Canceled:
Outlaw
Undercovers
Chase
Perfect Couples
The Cape
The Paul Reiser Show
Law & Order: LA
The Event
Outsourced

HBO

Renewed:
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Treme
The Ricky Gervais Show
How To Make It In America
Hung
Bored to Death
Eastbound & Down (renewed for season 3, final season)
True Blood
Entourage
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Canceled:
Big Love
In Treatment

SHOWTIME

Renewed:
Dexter
Shameless
Weeds
Californication
The Big C
Episodes
The Borgias

USA Network

Renewed:
Burn Notice (renewed through a 6th season)
Covert Affairs
In Plain Sight (renewed through a 5th season)
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (renewed for a final season)
Psych
Royal Pains
White Collar
Fairly Legal

FX

Renewed:
Sons of Anarchy
Justified
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The League
Archer
Louie

Canceled:
Lights Out
Rescue Me

TNT

Renewed:
Southland
The Closer
Leverage
Hawthorne
Memphis Beat
Rizzoli & Isles

Taken from elsewhere, but handy to know. Also they appear to be canceling all the good shows. :|

Once again, Fox earns most of my rage for this time of year for cancelling Human Target and the Chicago Code.

On the other hand, NBC seems to have learned a lesson from Fox about why not to cancel shows with a small but dedicated fanbase, and kept Chuck, w00t for that. Although I'm not quite sure why they kept Harry's Law, the premise of which seems to be: hey, lets do Boston Legal all over again, but this time, let's make it worse!

That leaves only one show I'm still waiting for news on: Nikita.

Hell yeah!
Not only did all my favourite shows survive, two of my all-time most hated shows, "Medium" (which actually should have been called "Quite sub-par") and "Lie to me" will never return to pester me on the TV screen!

I loved Lie to Me, thought it was a great show. Much like NCIS, i enjoyed it for the characters than anything else. Not disappointed to see The Event go.

You can always hope your shows get picked up by FX or DirecTV if there is enough of a groundswell to bring it back. Happened with Southland, and Friday Night Lights.

Anything on Blue Bloods?

Hell yeah!
Not only did all my favourite shows survive, two of my all-time most hated shows, "Medium" (which actually should have been called "Quite sub-par") and "Lie to me" will never return to pester me on the TV screen!

I watched one of the first episodes of Lie to Me when it came out and even me with my general lack and ignorance of anything to do with psychology (I can spell it, but that's about all) could see it was a complete load of crap :p

My favourite shows made it through.

I'm disappointed to see that Breaking In was cancelled. I was starting to like the show.

On the other hand, I'm glad to see that Chuck was renewed. It seems that every season, it always seems like it'll be cancelled.

I never watched it, but I thought Outsourced was doing pretty well :dunno:

That's a nice big gaping hour-long hole NBC has to fill on Thursday now.

Ones I'm annoyed about that they cancelled them:

ABC

Canceled:
V - Not a brilliant show, but still entertaining. I love the original show.
Better with You - Standard sitcom, but I enjoyed it.
Off the Map - Well written and good acting, so of course it's cancelled.
No Ordinary Family - Not high quality, but entertaining nonetheless.

Fox

Canceled:
Running Wilde - Quirky, different and subtle, I doubt that a lot of people understood the humor. I thought it was brilliant.
Lone Star - Cancelled a long time ago, but it was a good character drama, but the subject was off putting to many I suspect.
Human Target - Damn good show, why is this cancelled?
Breaking In - Not brilliant, but I liked it.
Lie to Me - Another excellent show, I don't get why it's getting cancelled.
The Chicago Code - A good show in my opinion, and I like Chicago.

NBC

Canceled:
The Cape - Bummer, I enjoyed it.
The Event - I would have expected that lots of people would be watching this.
Outsourced -Ditto, an enjoyable sitcom.

FX

Canceled:
Lights Out - Another show with great acting and good writing, why weren't people watching this?

I just don't understand the TV viewing public, really excellent shows like "The Wire" and a show which I would put right up there "Friday Night Lights", get poor ratings and struggle to not get cancelled, while some utter trash shows survives. :dunno:

Last edited:
NCIS, The Big bang theory and House MD safe? Fuck yeah.

Californication:thumbsup:

Also happy for House and Dexter! I"m kinda happy that Chuck got renewed because its fanbase but then again the series has gone downhill from season 3.

The two and a half men. :?
It seems that Ashton Kutcher replaces Sheen. It will be horrid...

Ones I'm annoyed about that they cancelled them:

The Event - I would have expected that lots of people would be watching this.

The Event had good ratings when it was launched, but it started losing viewers and then when it came back after the winter it didn't get any of those viewers back and continued to lose. The writing was on the wall with that show. It would have taken a massive miracle to renew that show.
I don't understand Fox at all, they have a habit of keep killing off decent shows, Firefly, Arrested Development, Lie to Me and so on. Fox exec's must think all of their viewers are only interested in stupid shows aimed at retards.

Californication:thumbsup:

Also happy for House and Dexter! I"m kinda happy that Chuck got renewed because its fanbase but then again the series has gone downhill from season 3.

The two and a half men. :?
It seems that Ashton Kutcher replaces Sheen. It will be horrid...

Yeah I just found out about Kutcher replacing Sheen.. Do they really think that'll work?

The Event had good ratings when it was launched, but it started losing viewers and then when it came back after the winter it didn't get any of those viewers back and continued to lose. The writing was on the wall with that show. It would have taken a massive miracle to renew that show.
I don't understand Fox at all, they have a habit of keep killing off decent shows, Firefly, Arrested Development, Lie to Me and so on. Fox exec's must think all of their viewers are only interested in stupid shows aimed at retards.

Add Dollhouse and Futurama. Nevermind that Futurama's back, Fox still cancelled it.

Add Dollhouse and Futurama. Nevermind that Futurama's back, Fox still cancelled it.

Yeah, I loved Dollhouse too, but on the other hand, the last few episodes probably wouldn't of been as deliciously frantic had it not been cancelled.

That leaves only one show I'm still waiting for news on: Nikita.

It's strange seeing something this good on The CW. It's a bit camp and I have a hard time trying to take it seriously, but if you remove the blatant Kia advertising, the opening monologue and the cw logo, you could probably throw it on FX and no one would bat an eyelid.

Last edited: