List of cancelled / renewed shows - May 2011

Here's a trailer from when the show premiered:

I haven't watched it, but after that trailer I want to. It reminds me a lot of Alias... in a good way. Think I'll try to catch up on it once finals get over.

Good for Sons of Anarchy, everything else I couldn't give a damn about.

I kinda liked Outsourced. I'm sure with a second season they could have made it even better. I've never been a fan of Parks & Rec, so I don't get why that's still on.

Human Target, Breaking In, and The Good Guys....depressed that they won't be coming back. They had such hot female characters in them.

anyone know if breaking bad was renewed?

anyone know if breaking bad was renewed?

Wiki says: On June 14, 2010, AMC announced that Breaking Bad was renewed for a fourth, 13-episode season. Production began in January 2011 and the season is scheduled to premiere on July 17, 2011. To bridge the gap between seasons, three mini episodes of four minutes in length will be produced.

Also http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/

apparently Warehouse 13 is getting a spin off as well. i like Warehouse 13 but i truly think SyFy has really lost the plot.

The networks are announcing their fall schedules this week.

NBC revealed theirs today (original article here):

MONDAY
8/7c The Sing-Off
10 pm THE PLAYBOY CLUB

TUESDAY
8 pm The Biggest Loser
10 pm Parenthood

WEDNESDAY
8 pm UP ALL NIGHT
8:30 pm FREE AGENTS
9 pm Harry?s Law [new time slot]
10 pm Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

THURSDAY
8 pm Community
8:30 pm Parks and Recreation [new-ish time slot]
9 pm The Office
9:30 pm WHITNEY
10 pm PRIME SUSPECT

FRIDAY
8 pm Chuck [new time slot]
9 pm GRIMM
10 pm Dateline NBC

SATURDAY
Repeats ?Encore programming?

SUNDAY
7 pm Football Night in America
8:15 pm NBC Sunday Night Football

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: The Cape, Chase, The Event, Law & Order: Los Angeles, Outsourced and Perfect Couples

The midseason lineup will include 30 Rock, The Celebrity Apprentice, and The Voice along with six new shows.

On a recommendation I picked up the first season of Eastbound & Down on DVD. Great show. I've never watched something so vulgar and funny, yet kinda sad. :lol:

Is the second season out yet?

On a recommendation I picked up the first season of Eastbound & Down on DVD. Great show. I've never watched something so vulgar and funny, yet kinda sad. :lol:

Is the second season out yet?

I love this show :-D

The second season is around online, not sure if on DVD yet though.

:lol:

From TV Line:

Up All Night, NBC
WHEN: Wednesdays at 8 pm
WHO: Christina Applegate (Samantha Who?), Maya Rudolph (Saturday Night Live), Will Arnett (Arrested Development) and others

WHAT: Executive-produced by SNL vets Emily Spivey and Lorne Michaels, this comedy follows the lives of a caustic working-mom (Applegate), her stay-at-home hubby (Arnett), and her opinionated parents.

Meanwhile, CBS has cancelled Shit My Dad Says, Mad Love & The Defenders.

I'll watch anything with Will Arnett in it. :p

Probably... not very. Friday night is like the time slot where they put shows to die.

:lol:

From TV Line:

Shit My Dad Says

I'm ambivalent towards that one, on one hand it had William Shatner on it. On the other hand it was based on a frigging Twitter feed.

confused as to why lie to me was cancelled. i am actually quite glad that the event is getting cancelled. =S also, not quite sure how two and a half men will pan out like this....

Last edited:
Chuck on Friday nights might work, it fits the demographic of its viewers. People who might not be the type to go out on Friday nights, and stay in and watch some TV.

I watch The Event, but only as a study in TERRIBLE writing and acting. It really is almost total dreck. So I will miss it, but only a little. I *am* bummed that Fix canned Human Target though. It was a fun show that didnt take itself too seriously.