These Things We Love

Opening a massive, just finished BitTorrent download.
Getting a video game/DVD int mail I've had on pre-order for ages.
A nice, good pair of shoes.
Napping the wrong way across me bed on top of me duvet.
Testing a dozen or so perfumes an' trying to figure out which one to buy.
A cup of coffee an' a sit down after work.
Watching telly an snuggling wi' me bloke ont settee. :)
Driving me car wi' some good tunes on.

Daffodils.

A bacon sandwich on cheapo white supermarket bread and a mug (not a cup!) of sweet hot-but-not-too-hot tea (no milk, ta!).

Bacon, eggs, tinned tomatoes, and a slice of fried bread with the above-mentioned bread and tea.

Dairy Milk chocolate straight from the fridge.

Jeans that are way too old to be worn anywhere, but are so soft and comfortable they just can't be thrown away.

Made to measure shirts.

The smell of Castrol R.

A woman in a dirndl. (And I'll limit my declaration to that since we're NNSFW)

The smell of wet grass and dirt a few moments after it starts to rain, especially in hot days.

On their own? With nothing else?

Has anyone ever told you you're weird? :D

Hey! Am pretty picky about tomatoes. I'll eat the tinned ones, tomato juice and sometimes ones in a salad so long as they're not bright red an' mushy. Won't touch strained tomatoes or tomato sauce or tomato puree.

I should've added Branston Pickle to me list an' all. I eat that shit straight outta the jar.

An' Bisto gravy granules...

I'm probably among the few people in the world that could probably eat Marmite with a spoon, such is the extent that i love the stuff.

a couple more, apart from painkillers:

my parents, words cannot describe my gratitude
trying out a recipe for the first time and making a delicious meal of it
my homemade lasagna, especially when I put a bit of effort into it
sitting on the fast train when it runs along a motorway and leaving everyone behind while I'm half asleep
my 50% railway discount card - Booking early, what for?
Civilization III Complete and SimCity 3000 - yes, two ancient games
Terry Pratchett's books

it seems i stumbled across this thread way too late... now i have no choice but to steal all your things! :p

snow & winter
my bed, its comfy sheets and its occupants (cf. avatar)
rain and its smell (when inside with a cup of: ) [ <== damn forum inserting emoticons all over the place!]
tea & biscuits
my family (even the parts i rarely ever meet)
a good book (can't steal just pratchett, right?)

the little things in life we love whether it's the cold side of a pillow[...]
I love nothing more than slipping into a cold bed ... not that I like being cold at night ... but slipping into a cold bed before falling asleep, helps me relax and unwind :)

Other stuff I love ... Sunrises ... Fog ... Sunrises when there is Fog ...

Porsches, Puffalumps, bunny rabbits--posting any of those will get you an EPIC SQUEE.

I love back rubs, getting out of the house, good food (tacos, queso, enchiladas, lasagna, tortellini or ravioli in tomato cream sauces, nigiri sushi, good cheese, fish, curry, pesto, strange varmint meat you don't always find, Freebirds!, well, pretty much anything spicy, cheesy or fishy om nom nom), naps, pedicures, good espresso, fluffy sugary coffee drinks, and hooning things, too.

Yeah, this post is before dinner time. What am I going to eat?!

Last edited:
  • The good mood I'm in after a hard workout
  • My dog (he might be the devil, but he's my dog)
  • The Meme Thread
  • Baseball, because its the perfect game
  • A quality beer
  • A good cup of coffee
  • My MacBook, its over 3 years old yet it still runs like the day I bought it and never gives me a problem

Porsches, Puffalumps, bunny rabbits--posting any of those will get you an EPIC SQUEE.

I love back rubs, getting out of the house, good food (tacos, queso, enchiladas, lasagna, tortellini or ravioli in tomato cream sauces, nigiri sushi, good cheese, fish, curry, pesto, strange varmint meat you don't always find, Freebirds!, well, pretty much anything spicy, cheesy or fishy om nom nom), naps, pedicures, good espresso, fluffy sugary coffee drinks, and hooning things, too.

Yeah, this post is before dinner time. What am I going to eat?!

Bunny_Blu_Blu.jpg

there you go, now perhaps you can explain what the deuce hooning is.

Coming home from a crap day at work, taking a cold brew from the fridge and slump down in a lawn chair while the sun is shining. Right there and then, there is peace in my haunted mind. The warm feeling of sunshine, the weight and texture of the cold bottle in my hand, the faint but noticable sound of the river close by, birds chirping in the apple trees... Pure and total peace of mind.

[Cuteness!]

there you go, now perhaps you can explain what the deuce hooning is.
SQUEE!

Hooning = driving the pants* off the car.

*erm, imaginary car-pants

I also like getting a song stuck in my head that I would never have expected, like this one:

"Nooooo Yawk..."

edit: I mean a halfway decent song ;)

Last edited: