• No, but I want to/plan on doing it

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • No, not allowed

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 34.4%

• Total voters
Yeah, because you basically have to be dead to donate organs. Even better. :p

No because I travel to tropical destinations and they dont allow me to within a certain number of years to protect against disease transmission. I guess there is risk of yellow fever, dengue fever, et. al tropical diseases.

Well, if you're dead, you don't get that warm fuzzy feeling of knowing you're helping someone. :p

I do, whenever I can - I'm O+, so the Red Cross is always looking to take my blood! I didn't think I could handle the needle, but it ended up not being too bad. (Even when one time they had to readjust the needle because I stopped flowing into the bag. Yeowch! I had a bruise, but it wasn't the end of the world.)

That's funny, I am also O+!

O+ here too, though that doesn't really matter as I'm not allowed to donate.

I was thinking that this thread could maybe use a poll, or is that just me?

Go ahead, you're the mod, this thread is too old for me to edit.

Gave again today. 7th time now. Had a nice free lunch and will now enjoy 2 days off. \o/

2 days off you say? :think:

I'm dead scared of needles but if we have something simular here it might be worth considering.

I really should too since I have B- which is pretty rare (2 % of the population)

:lol: Ah the classic 2 days off joke. :p Also; they give you a whole lunch? We just get tea and biscuits.

I also added another to the count recently; 6 times now. :)

Yeah I know; its a joke of an excuse for 2 days off I mean. :p However I would not complain if we were to get 2 days off...

Um .. all O+ donors here ... I don't want to burst your bubble, but for the sake of accuracy, you are not Universal Donors, that honour goes to O- blood group (about 4% of the human population). O+ cannot donate to anyone (particularly women of child bearing potential) who is Rhesus -ve (10-15% of the population). But don't let me put you off. Blood donating is a very generous act.

Had my donor cherry popped last month. Mostly, I was interested if they'd let me do it in spite of malaises and stuff.

20-something bucks and a cup of coffee was nice, too.