Votes: 29 32.2%
  • No, but I want to/plan on doing it

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • No, not allowed

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 34.4%

• Total voters
No, 'cause of one or several of a few things.

I've had some metal shoved through me or ink into me skin.
I'm underweight most of the time.
Or I'm Iron Deficient.

Nope. Chemo, Radiation and fun drugs preclude me.

2 days off you say? :think:

I'm dead scared of needles but if we have something simular here it might be worth considering.

I really should too since I have B- which is pretty rare (2 % of the population)

You don't get that here :p some big companies get a truck around at the workeplace and you just get the ~30 mins off it takes to take the blood and I think you get a cookie and some juice.

Well, here they take 0.45l of blood, feed you and give you receipt to take to your employer. The drives are held in schools, since they're the only places large enough to handle such a volume of people at the same time (usually at the gymnasiums) and they use the school's cafeteria for the food (we do get proper food, not standard schoolkid fare).

Also, just because the Red Cross sucks in your country, doesn't mean it doesn't work elsewhere.

Last edited:
2 days off for work, that's pretty bullshit. At most you need a juice box and 2 hours off from work, unless you are a 110 lb. girl the amount they draw from you would be no more fatiguing than a light jog.

Nope, Not enough in me and they wouldn't want mine anyways.

I have O+ blood and have donated twice so far. I "only" get a bottle of juice and some small pastries in return, but I weigh 95 kg, so being down a pint of blood doesn't make me dizzy or anything. :)

I actually felt better today. Less congested somehow. Like after a good shit. :D

Just gave blood today ;)

No, I hate needles.

I've only had blood drawn three times in my life, all for doctor visits, and each time I fainted from one vial being drawn. The last time I had it drawn in March, I blacked out and screamed as I came to. Safe to say I would probably do a lot worse if I had to give out that much blood for a blood drive @_@

You'll be helping someone no matter what blood type you are :)

I'm O+, so I donate as often as they'll let me. I'm also an organ donor and I'm on the marrow registry. I figure why not? Not like I can't just grow some more. And, although I don't particularly like needles, I don't mind them.

I would do if i could, but having taken 14 units of the stuff after a small mishap with a motorcycle i'm not allowed! Though i wouldn't be much use anyway as my blood type is AB Negative and pretty useless.

A big, awesome, epic thumbs up :thumbsup: and thank you to all you guys who give blood!

Without you i wouldn't be alive today!