These Things We Love

Last edited:
Making the lane change just right in a bumper-to-bumper traffic jam in a gap that no other car would've fit in.

Blasting Bohemian Rhapsody / Don't Stop Me Now into my ears with the comfy as hell Koss Porta Pro.

Laptops. Computing lazy style for me (can lay on my bed while using the internets)!
Fully charged portable gaming systems (I get stuck in some boring situations where I'm really bored and can play them to distract myself).

Cable internet... Because dial-up/WISP 2mbps fed from a (cheap) business connection shared with 1k other people is terrible.

Full throttle.
Getting your second wind and feeling invincible.
Making a little discovery about the universe and going "ooooohhhh".
The drop on a really good dance track.
Trying something new and finding to your surprise that you feel at home.
Plugging in a new piece of tech and having it work flawlessly from the get-go.
My Sennheiser headphones.
The sound of a 4.2 FSI Audi V8 at full song.

Last edited:
Freshly made coffee.
The smell of fresh baking.
Supercharger whine.
Guitar riffs.
My cat and my dog.

SEX :p

Also, waking up slowly and naturally to the sound of pretty birdies chirping softly outside my window and the Spring sunshine creeping in my window just enough to make me think 'today is going to be a great day'. (Sick of winter already....it's still dark when I get up :-( )

Driving along a rural highway at either sunrise or sunset and being the only car on the road with Chopin's piano music tinkling from my stereo.

A cat purring in my ear or a dog running around my legs making sure I know I'm the most important person in the world right now.

Putting my feet up after a long day a work / uni / whatever and watching TV or reading a good book with a nice cup of tea.

Watching WRC when the whole thing is fucking close as God knows what, and those rare times when actual OMG proper duelling without anyone bunting anyone else of the track happens in F1. Also, relatedly the noise the Group B Audi Quattro (okay I wasn't born then but the video evidence is enough for me) and early 90's F1 cars used to make HAWT DAY-UM. :drool:

Thai style hot curry when made just right - taste and smell both counts here!

Last edited:
Mrs Cobol74 & family obviously!
The head of the IMF up to his arse in a sex and crime scandal(s) - w00t
"Frau Bundeskanzlerin" - wow hot. ...
Honda cars/bikes
Fresh Strawberries
Sirloin Steak
Bacon - ummmmmm more bacon
. ... and er bacon

Weekends, specifically:

Friday, 5pm when I can happily say "Fuck work!" for a whole 64 hours.

Waking up second on a weekend morning and smelling fresh coffee knowing all I have to do is meander downstairs and pour it.

Getting back into the MX5 having had to drive the Civic on Friday so I can do the school runs. It's like pulling on a favourite pair of sneakers.

Plus beer, sex, cooking a great meal, eating same, beer, bacon, sunny days, the smell of fresh cut grass, whiskers on kittens, a good belly laugh......

When you start to look at life this way it doesn't seem half as depressing. :D

Oh, and did I happen to mention :beer:?

One of those spring days where COLD chilly air hits your face the same time hot sun rays do, that is something else
Good strong mug of tea
Cold side of a pillow gets a thumbs up from me too
Rainy days
What i do for a living

feeling my mobility return bit by bit, thereby earning the benefits of forcing myself to move... oh, and those of

The best way to put it is "I love it when a health issue goes from 'incapacitating' to 'irritating'".

Last edited:
new shoes and socks
nice hot bubble bath after a long day working hard outside in the pissing rain.
then fresh bedding after the bath.

Going for morning coffee with my girlfriend when we both have a day off.
road trips

the smell of dried moss on a hot summers morning