PSN most stores back and the Welcome Back Pack

Going by Sony's history of ass-raping their customers (a media player for W2K/XP that ties all files to the Windows installation with not way to restore them from a backup, Audio CDs that install malware, Memory Stick pricing, suing people for tinkering with the hardware) people will forget, forgive and continue to buy their products.

^I do like a Sony product... and as a Sony fanboy, they're forgiven. :p

It's takes me a while to sign-in, and most of the time I get timed out.
Once i'm on it's fine.

Last edited:
I can't access my accounts, I've tried changing my passwords but it doesn't let me. Maybe I'll just wait a bit longer.

I can connect just fine after changing my password but nothing actually works (PS Store, RB Network etc)....

I can connect just fine after changing my password but nothing actually works (PS Store, RB Network etc)....

All that works is signing in, trophy sync and multiplayer.
Everything else is getting switched on bit by bit. "Over the coming days" Which could mean anything.

I reckon... this being Sony...
Little Big Planet? :p
Modnation Racers?
Wipeout?

For Europe... EDIT: and the for USA.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's head of communications Nick Caplan writes today that PSN users will get up to four free games for the PS3 and PSP. PlayStation Network account holders will be able to claim them from the PlayStation Store when that goes live?"just a little while longer," Caplan writes?provided they have access to the Store in their country.

Here's whats on offer. Two PlayStation 3 games from the following list:

LittleBigPlanet
Infamous
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty. USA gets Super Stardust HD instead.
Dead Nation
And two PSP games from the following list.

LittleBigPlanet PSP
ModNation Racers PSP
Pursuit Force
Killzone Liberation

That list is a bit different for PSN users in Germany, which swaps Dead Nation and Infamous for the less violent Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings on the PS3. German PSP owners will get Everybody's Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party instead of Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation on the PSP.

On top of that, PSN account holders can expect 30 days of free PlayStation Plus membership for non-subscribers, 60 days of free subscription for those currently enrolled in the program.

Ugh no thankyou.

Access to the 30 days free PS Plus subscription is only available for those countries where PS Plus is offered. You will have access to the PS Plus content planned for May for 30 days. Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever.

Thats great.

You only get access to the welcome back pack if you had a PSN account before it went down. Obvious why.

Last edited:
Europe isn't the exact same as NA; there, Ratchet & Clank is an option but in NA it's replaced with Super Stardust HD. Just fyi.

Gamespot reported that these are the official free games they will offer for the NA market:

--Dead Nation
--Infamous
--Little Big Planet
--Super Stardust HD
--Wipeout HD + Fury

I'm not gonna download anything on the first day the PS Store returns, I'll be getting like 10 kb/s. :lol:

I'm definitely getting LBP, but I don't know about Infamous; I played the demo and didn't really like it. I'll still DL it since it's free (and still costs $30 in stores) and maybe it'll grow on me. :)

Last edited:
That's a surprisingly solid list of titles actually, although I would assume that most hardcore gamers already have most of the PS3 titles. I'll probably go for Infamous and Wipeout, I've been thinking of buying both of those recently...

LBP and Infamous for me.

Europe isn't the exact same as NA; there, Ratchet & Clank is an option but in NA it's replaced with Super Stardust HD. Just fyi.

Thanks.

Many people have dual accounts, wonder if they let you download from both?

LittleBigPlanet: LBP2's out.
Infamous: InFamous 2 is out in 2 weeks.
Wipeout HD/Fury: they shoulda stopped making Wipeout after Wipeout 1, this is exactly the same game.
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty. (Why not a crack in time?) USA gets Super Stardust HD instead. (I have this, good game)
Dead Nation: I don't do zombie bullshit.

I have Infamous and I actually liked it a lot... Never played any of the other games and I'm guessing I won't care much for any of em, I'll just let my GF choose another or something.

Two free games? I can double the number of games in my collection!

Infamous and LittleBigPlanet for me, I'd be pissed if I owned them already but I don't and I have more than a passing interest in both :D

My 60 GB HDD might cry though.

i've already got infamous but i'll definately pick up LittleBigPlanet since i haven't played it before but often wanted to give it a go.

Many people have dual accounts, wonder if they let you download from both?

I was wondering exactly that.

Two free games? I can double the number of games in my collection!
Triple in my case :lol: (or X5 if I can download different games on each of my two accounts).