L.A. Noire

Good choice not releasing it on PC, Rockstar. Enjoy not having my money. I very likely would have bought it on PC, but I don't want it on console, exclusive or otherwise. Oh well.

Same here, I'm tired of limiting my gaming experience to what a several year old console can provide. Not only that but I have bad luck with PS3 console ports being buggy as Hell.

Although if we look at how well the GTA IV PC port came out I'm almost glad it isn't coming out for PC. I don't know anyone who can run GTA IV properly on a PC even people who run Crysis 2 and such perfectly. :rolleyes:

Same here, I'm tired of limiting my gaming experience to what a several year old console can provide. Not only that but I have bad luck with PS3 console ports being buggy as Hell.

Although if we look at how well the GTA IV PC port came out I'm almost glad it isn't coming out for PC. I don't know anyone who can run GTA IV properly on a PC even people who run Crysis 2 and such perfectly. :rolleyes:

GTA IV wasn't a great port but it runs fine on my PC as well as several friends. Even playable on a MacBook Pro. This PC is over 3 years old and is far from top of the line, I play on all high settings.

GTA IV wasn't a great port but it runs fine on my PC as well as several friends. Even playable on a MacBook Pro. This PC is over 3 years old and is far from top of the line, I play on all high settings.
What sort of FPS are you getting? I have a dual core and a GeForce 8800GTX and it still runs like crap. Hell it seems to run worse than on my old graphics card. My mate got a new card recently (I bought his old GTX) and even that doesn't get consistent frame rates.

Bearing in mind a game like Mafia 2 looks twice as good and runs fine on my machine on high settings. It only bogs down to GTA IV settings if I turn on Physx.

GTA IV runs like crap on my i7 quad core with ati 5730

Cannot wait for this game, might stick my head in a few retailers see if I can get this early, at my local Morrison's the people they have manning the media cabinet (where they keep games in a drawer by the till.) are not always very knowledgeable with regards to release dates. A lot of the times you can just ask them to check if the game is in there and if it is they will allow you to buy it because they don't know the release date. Doing it this way can work way better than trying it at any of the games stores.

Gonna give this a shot on Thursday....

Cannot wait for this game, might stick my head in a few retailers see if I can get this early, at my local Morrison's the people they have manning the media cabinet (where they keep games in a drawer by the till.) are not always very knowledgeable with regards to release dates. A lot of the times you can just ask them to check if the game is in there and if it is they will allow you to buy it because they don't know the release date. Doing it this way can work way better than trying it at any of the games stores.

Gonna give this a shot on Thursday....

When I worked at a large retailer, a few people tried stuff like that (hell we accidentally put Resident Evil 5 out on the shelves early), but they wouldn't ring through the cash registers.

The loser version is on 3 discs.
All reviews are what you expect from Rockstar 10/10.

From watching the GameTrailers review, I don't think it'll be as good as GTA IV and RDR. Those games were actually made by Rockstar, while LA Noire was only published by them and developed by Team Bondi.

The story looks amazing, but the overall gameplay doesn't look as good as GTA and RDR. The driving, for instance looks worse than GTA IV.

From watching the GameTrailers review, I don't think it'll be as good as GTA IV and RDR. Those games were actually made by Rockstar, while LA Noire was only published by them and developed by Team Bondi.

Thats why I cancelled my preorder, I need to see videos.

The story looks amazing, but the overall gameplay doesn't look as good as GTA and RDR. The driving, for instance looks worse than GTA IV.

It's a different genre entirely. It's an adventure thriller. Why would you judge it on the same aspects?
And it did have R* development, since it was picked up for publishing multiple R* studios were on it.

It's a different genre entirely. It's an adventure thriller. Why would you judge it on the same aspects?
And it did have R* development, since it was picked up for publishing multiple R* studios were on it.

In your view, since you work for R* and probably finished LA Noire already, did you find it better than RDR and GTA IV?