2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

Dp

Last edited:
Last edited:
Have i got it the wrong way round?

Or is that a special type of diesel. I can't read German but i can make out the numbers. I was sure diesel had less MJ per kg than petroleum

I remember they were close though, like 42 vs 44 MJ/kg but diesel had more per litre

Edit: that's it, theyre both pretty close on the per Kg but when you go by volume diesels got Quite a bit more.

The difference by mass is smaller than when you go by volume, yeah - Diesel is more dense than petrol.

The BBC F1 team won the Best Sports Award at the BAFTA's today. Really happy to hear that, i've always thought that the BBC's F1 coverage is among the best in the world. Especially since they got David Coulthard with Martin Brundle to provide commentary.

According to journalists in the paddock, the team that will protest the exhaust-blown diffusers will be...

... wait for it...

HRT. :lol:
Kolles is asking for Red Bull to push a little more in Q1 so the are out of the 107%.

BTW, watching that interview, I want to punch him in the face.

Last edited:
Also, I agree with Ross Brawn's interpretation: it doesn't matter where you put the exhausts on the car, they're still going to influence the aerodynamics in some way, shape or form. Perhaps Kolles was thinking about nicking some road car tailpipes to put on his cars when he ran out of money.

I saw the interview with Kolles as well and I must say I thought he was retarded. His argument was that teams with EBD's influence the car's aerodynamics by moving parts such as ... "gas pedals" :blink: .

Ban them all because when they push the throttle they have more downforce and we just crash!!!

Here's the interview watch it before they take the vid down.

Soon they'll want the driver's heads glued to the back of the headrest because the head bobbing around creates improved airflow to the rear.

Will HRT just fold already ?

I hope not to see them next season. Can't get your own shit in line, yet going to others' yards and making a hoohaa, small it may be.

I saw the interview with Kolles as well and I must say I thought he was retarded. His argument was that teams with EBD's influence the car's aerodynamics by moving parts such as ... "gas pedals" :blink: .

Ban them all because when they push the throttle they have more downforce and we just crash!!!

Here's the interview watch it before they take the vid down.

Soon they'll want the driver's heads glued to the back of the headrest because the head bobbing around creates improved airflow to the rear.

LMAO at both

I hope not to see them next season. Can't get your own shit in line, yet going to others' yards and making a hoohaa, small it may be.

No, dont fold already because see above. we need people like that in F1!

Actually last season most teams made the same "hoohaa" about the flexing Red Bull front wing, so it's not a Hispania problem.

Actually last season most teams made the same "hoohaa" about the flexing Red Bull front wing, so it's not a Hispania problem.

At least all the cars live up to a certain minimum 107% which they failed at Australia. As DC said, they are a joke, second year in the works, so they should be working on the car, not the operations to keep it going.