Random Thoughts....

From all of the photos I've seen, it's bad, real bad. Estimates of 25-30% of the town is destroyed. It's not a small town (45,000ish). One of the hospitals is inoperable, the high school is destroyed, many neighborhoods leveled.

To add insult to injury there is a thunderstorm that's been moving through for most of the morning, hampering rescue efforts. I've also heard reports of gawkers and rubber-neckers getting in the way of emergency vehicles.

Begging for a caption:

trdv962193-jpgus-pre-650.jpg

Finally! Some real beer...

Isen't he part Irish anyway?

Begging for a caption:

trdv962193-jpgus-pre-650.jpg

Finally! Some real beer...

It's black with a hint of white, just like me!!!!

Or

It takes forever to settle and it's still shit, just like me!!!

I think a gif or something from this needs a caption too: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13507728

To be honest I'm surprised it didn't just rip the ramp out the ground. :lol:

Random thought; are all BBC News videos available in every country, and if not do they allow Obama visit stuff to be viewed in the US? Just wonderin'.

Last edited:
I think a gif or something from this needs a caption too: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13507728

To be honest I'm surprised it didn't just rip the ramp out the ground. :lol:

Random thought; are all BBC News videos available in every country, and if not do they allow Obama visit stuff to be viewed in the US? Just wonderin'.

See? SEE? THIS is why he needs a stretched and armored lifted Suburban with a 50.cal on the roof as a primary instead of a caddy. :p

Last edited:
I can clearly see where I stand in the great debate between coffee and food. I think I carried my coffee away and left the food in the other room.

Whups.

Successfully lives through day 2 in England... This day involved renting a car and driving on the opposite side of the road. Took a nice drive from Heathrow to Oxford then on to Chipping Campden, Stow, Bourton-on-the-water, Broadway, etc. It was pretty easy to get the hang of driving but a few situations really mess with your head.

Successfully lives through day 2 in England... This day involved renting a car and driving on the opposite side of the road. Took a nice drive from Heathrow to Oxford then on to Chipping Campden, Stow, Bourton-on-the-water, Broadway, etc. It was pretty easy to get the hang of driving but a few situations really mess with your head.

Bourton and all of the Cotswolds are very nice, but full of tourists. :p
(A bit breezy & cool today for sightseeing.)

Roundabouts, yes? just follow everyone else.
What car did you get and is an auto?

:)

Bourton and all of the Cotswolds are very nice, but full of tourists. :p
(A bit breezy & cool today for sightseeing.)

Roundabouts, yes? just follow everyone else.
What car did you get and is an auto?

It wasn't actully too "touristy" since it was as you put it "a bit breezy". Roundabouts weren't too bad, but Oxford was crazy so many signs, no entry's, buses only areas, and general craziness for my first time ever driving in the UK. I had intended on renting a scirocco and even though I drive a car with a manual gearbox everyday in the States I was uneasy with the prospects to folding another learning expeierence into this adventure. Nevertheless I ended up with a diesel VW Tiquan and it was an excellent drive, decent pep, great mpg, and small enough to work well in the narrow confines of the Cotswolds. I also forgot to mention the best part of the day... I accidentally went on the southbound m40 instead of the northbound but it was for the better because I saw a McLaren MPC4-12C (half covered in tape). I also saw several Ferrari (355, 458, 430) , a Nissan leaf, a million land rover defenders, a 2cv, And others I'll mention when the wifi is less spotty.

Last edited:
^
Ahh, Oxford.

I have only tried to drive into the city ONCE on business.

It was a ******* nightmare.

The idea is, I think, that you park up at a "Park 'n' Ride" car park three miles out of the city and take a bus into the centre. Never again, can't be arsed to go to such a place again, fuck 'em.

And you lost your M40 cherry too, cool! :cool:
(TG race from Switzerland to Blackpool using econmic cars.)

Prodrive WRC (Dave Richards) has a factory along there somewhere and Silverstone, where several F1 Teams are based, is just off to the east of there.