2011 MLB Regular Season

Worst side effect of a vacation ever...missing the Red Sox v. Cubs series. :(

Wtf. Matt Garza is getting screwed out of wins left and right.

Wtf. Matt Garza is getting screwed out of wins left and right.
It's infuriating.

Looking at the numbers, he's been one of the absolute best pitchers in the entire league, and yet, he has nothing to show for it. He's completely changed his approach and is inducing a ton of groundballs, striking out everyone in sight, and getting completely screwed by this damn team. <_<

2 off of Kyle Kendrick, 1 off of Danys Baez. Not what I could call impressive.

2 off of Kyle Kendrick, 1 off of Danys Baez. Not what I could call impressive.

wait what? i dont care if a 5 year old was pitching, 3 HR's is still 3 HR's and thats just impressive. Dont try and play it down, thats just dumb.

First off, yes, 3 hrs in one game is something that not many players can do. Secondly, I'm taking the piss out of teletubby, let me have my fun. It's baseball, have some fun with it.

Congrats?

No need to even say anything... the team is god-awful and downright embarrassing from top to bottom.

Ahhh now I feel bad for brining it up...
Don't feel bad, I've chosen this life for myself. :p

Edit: Cashner's getting a second opinion on his injured shoulder tomorrow (bad, bad news) and Garza was just scratched from his start Sunday with "elbow tightness".

Fuck.

Last edited:
- Byrd has multiple facial fractures and is on the 15-day DL, but I think it'll be much longer. Thank god he's fine otherwise.
- Utley back for Philly.
- Hamilton and Cruz back for Texas.
- Grandy's hot.
- Bautista's ON FREAKING FIRE... I've given up trying to figure it out. It's not natural, whatever it is.
- Heyward to the DL.
- Cleveland is all smoke and mirrors... right?
- Wilpon throws every talented Mets player under the bus.
- LA police have arrested the suspect aggressor in the SF Opening Day beating.
- The Felix/Pineda 1-2 is sexy.
- Fuck the Cubs.

Last edited:
Brian Fuentes de Carreras

After being down 3-0, the O's mounted a nice little rally culminating in an Adam Jones walk-off HR. Nice win.:thumbsup:

Ugh....let down by my real team and fantasy team on the same night. FML.

Team promotions....How hard can it be?

Maybe Bernie Brewer should have stayed at Miller Park.

What began as a fun "Where's Bernie?" promotion by the Milwaukee Brewers to bring attention to Milwaukee County Parks and the team's Spring Madness ticket sale turned sour early Tuesday when an undetermined number of collectors grabbed more than their share of the suddenly popular Bernie Brewer lawn ornaments and, in some cases, put them up for bid on Craigslist and eBay at inflated prices.

One person took a picture of a car-trunk full of Bernie Brewer lawn ornaments. It was unclear if the collectibles were put up for bid online.

The greed grab angered many Brewers fans, some of whom had gotten up early in the morning to go to a park to pick up one of the ornaments, only to be disappointed when none were left. Approximately 1,000 of the ornaments were placed at lakefront-area parks from Veterans Park north to Lake Park and were not to be picked up until 7 a.m.

On social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook, fans turned their anger on the relative few who grabbed more than one ornament, advised others not to buy the collectibles on auction sites, and bemoaned the incident as yet another example of the decline of polite society.

"It's too bad we have to assume people are going to be jerks when doing something like this...but I guess we do," one fan commented on JSOnline.com.

Others criticized the Brewers for botching the giveaway and not policing it.

Brewers spokesman Tyler Barnes said there were isolated instances of fans helping themselves. He said the team made it clear in the promotion that the ornaments were supposed to be one for each household.

"Clearly there was a lot of demand for the product, and it's hard to judge how people will respond," Barnes said. He compared the disappointment many fans felt with the sale of tickets for the home opener: Some get them and some go away unhappy.

"The response to this promotion in terms of fan interest was staggering, and the vast majority of those who participated played by the rules and were very gracious to others," Barnes said. "While the incidents of people hoarding the yard ornaments appear to be isolated, that doesn't diminish our disappointment in their actions. We appreciate the spirit that most fans displayed in embracing this promotion as well as their constructive ideas for improving it."

Buzz about Bernie
The marketing plan, which was heavily promoted on Brewers broadcasts in recent weeks, involved planting more than 1,400 Bernie Brewer lawn ornaments across parts of the state early Tuesday.

In addition to the 1,000 or so left along the lakefront, another 400 of the ornaments, with special prizes attached, were placed in parks throughout the five-county Milwaukee area as well as in parks in Madison, Appleton, Green Bay and Kenosha.

Under the rules, fans were told to arrive at 7 a.m. at the parks to pick up an ornament. But the temptation to come early and grab a bunch apparently proved too irresistible.

One woman reported on her Twitter account that she had taken as many as three dozen, though that could not be confirmed. But the ornaments began appearing for sale on eBay, with bids rising over $100.

In one Twitter post directed at one of the apparent miscreants, someone wrote: "U R the lowest common denominator. 30+ Bernie statues??? Your greed disgusts me more than your profile picture."

Another wrote: "I lack respect for anyone that got a #WheresBernie lawn ornament before the 7a giveaway b/c you all cheated."

And one fan tweeted: "The #wheresbernie contest was good in theory, should have known greedy people would ruin it."

"Overall, though, we were thrilled with the promotion," Barnes said. "I wish we could have gotten some of the gnomes in the hands of those who wanted them. At the end of the day, though, it went well."

Barnes said that, while some people were selling the ornaments at inflated prices, the team had them for sale in the Brewers retail store for $48.

Bernie, by the way, was back at Miller Park on Tuesday night for the game against the Washington Nationals. And he now has more than 10,000 followers on his Twitter account.