Clarkson: Jeremy Clarkson - War Stories

Alasondro Alegré

Forum Addict
Out on June 13 October 31, 2011.

Description from BBC Shop:
Includes two documentaries fronted by Jeremy Clarkson.

The Victoria Cross: for Valour charts the story of Major Robert Henry Cain who won a Victoria Cross in WW2 as part of Operation Market Garden, reputed to be the most recognised story of gallantry in the whole of the war. Jeremy Clarkson reveals Mayor Cain died in 1974 before he had a chance to meet him, then revealing that he was his own father-in-law. His wife never found out her father was a Victoria Cross winner until after his death.

The Greatest Raid of All where Jeremy tells the story of what has been called 'the original Mission Impossible' ? the audacious commando raid on the German occupied dry dock at St Nazaire in France on March 28th 1942. Operation Chariot, as the raid was codenamed, had a simple aim: to destroy the dry dock and thus deny the German battleship Tirpitz a safe haven on the Atlantic coast of France.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeremy-Clar...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1306487226&sr=1-1

Last edited:
So it's nothing new,

So what? Greatest Raid is a damn good documentary (and I'm not a war history enthusiast by any stretch), and I'm glad it's finally getting a proper release, despite it not having the "Making of" bit. Plus, the more people who get to see Jeremy's non-motoring-related work, the better. Maybe, just maybe, that could get him (and the Beeb) to see there is an audience for his work beyond TG and his annual Christmas DVDs.

I agree. I think everyone in the world should see The Greatest Raid.

Great chance for us non license fee payers to acquire the titles legally, and to give some back to Jezza and the beeb.

I have it on preorder. I just hope the pushed back date means they are adding some extra goodies to it.

Like the "Making of" for Greatest Raid, I hope! :)

I agree. I think everyone in the world should see The Greatest Raid.

It is excellent, probably Jeremy's best work imo (wish he'd do more docus), the sequence where he's heading towards the dock gate is just brilliant television.

Last edited:
so no christmas dvd this year then?

The work started on Jeremy's Christmas DVD the week after series 17 wrapped so just reprint last year's list to Santa and you'll be just fine.