Top Gear in Monaco for the F1

Could be interesting, sounds like the ep then they went to the french alps in rwd cars =)

I'm not so sure the boys will be doing anything there. My first instinct is it's either something for the Mag or the website.

Given that they're filming in Europe, and that they have done occasional features on motorsport, and that the upcoming Monaco GP is generally considered to be 'a bit special' when it comes to the F1 calendar, I wouldn't rule it out. The timings work, anyway.

Timing certainly does fit. Especially given how recent those pics appear to be.

Let's just hope they get the balance right this series. Still too much (obviously) scripted nonsense and not enough chemistry in 16. That said I am getting the TG tingle for the first time in a couple of years so maybe that bodes well.

Got to love Twitter. James has been spotted in Monaco this afternoon by @jonnyodell. :)

James May just past me in the #columbushotel in #Monaco. Looks exactly the same as on tv. Good guy

They won't be hanging around for very long though. James has to be back in the UK on Sunday to do the auditions for the Man's Lab band. (I told you you'd just have to love Twitter. ;-))

Last edited:
I picked up a rumbling that James and Richard have been filming on 'The Empress'. This could be Vijay Mallya's yacht Indian Empress. There's a picture... let's see if I can attach it...

monaco.jpg

Tough life being a Top Gear presenter

The guy in the white suit could be Adrian?

Could be - it's hard to be sure with a pic that's blurry, but the hair and nose look familiar (is there anyone else out there who isn't a member of The Baseballs that styles their hair like that?)

Can't help noticing that James seems to be holding two glasses. :D

By the scale of all of this it looks like a full episode revolving around the Monaco GP. If they hang around for the race itself then that's a near-definite.

From Martin Brundles Twitter:

"MBrundleF1 Martin Brundle
Tripped over Jeremy, James + Richard from Top Gear. We had a great couple of hours talking cars, bikes, Helis, TV, F1 + all kinds. Nice guys
17 minutes ago"

http://twitter.com/#!/MBrundleF1

I hope they don't get to commentate on the race live on the Beeb. That would prove disastrous. :lol:

Reactions: MWF