The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Looks good enough.

A quick lesson on why not to do that.

482.jpg

Burnouts and wheelies are cool and all, and I like watching stunt riding as much as the next guy, but some things are just too stupid.

New Aprilia RS4: 125cc sportbike coming to America
5790565074_d2d39e5f48.jpg

This should be interesting. Small bikes don't fare well in America, because our learner motorcyclists aren't restricted by ccs, but considering that it looks basically like the mighty RSV4 it might pick up some sales. Hopefully, because our country needs more smaller, tossable bikes.

Yeah, but it only has 15 horsepower and will cost $6500 + importation. (It's about ?3999 in the UK.) The competition here will walk all over it. The $3999 Honda CBR250 has 24 horsepower and tops out at 87 vice 70mph. 70mph top speed means it will be road kill on many US highways. That's before we get into the Ninja 250, etc.

And when the newbie inevitably drops it, since it has an Aprilia name on the side it will cost one hell of a lot more to fix. That's assuming you can afford to insure it, because insurance guys *love* the Aprilia name...

Last edited:
CJ counts as one - he saw my 700 when I posted it here and that's what kicked him over into seriously wanting to ride. DerStig counts as the half - he's not riding yet, but we got him a bike and some of the gear - I believe it was the 700 and the 919 that may have assisted his decision, but you'll have to check with him as I am not sure. :D

I liked the 700 when I first saw/heard it, but I didn't really get hooked on bikes until:
1) Premium was $4+ and the desire to ride if/when I move to Germany to work
2) I discovered the awesomeness/sound of the bikes I have listed in my "Want" column
3) We found a 500cc bike for less than I paid for my 360 and Ltd. Ed. Forza 3 :p
4) The ride on the 919 was icing on the cake
5) General awesomeness of motorbikes

:D

Last edited:
Oh man...in the same way I need to visit the Nordschleife before I die, I must attend a Man TT. This looks so awesome.

Isle of Man TT 2011- Website

Isle of Man TT 2011 - Live

I just watched the preview show on ITV4 and they featured the website which I thought you may like.

The Live link also has Twitter & FB links giving integrated live lap times.

:cool:

(The ITV website is ITV.com/ITV4 for program names which you could look out for "around" the Internet.)

Spectre, you are so unbelievably clueless about anything outside of Texas that I'm getting a headache just reading your posts. Obviously you know the laws of a distant state way better than everyone that lives there. Silly BlaRo, doubting the God of all weapon-related knowledge.

Eh, fuck it. I'm too lazy to waste my time ripping you a new asshole right now. Maybe some other time.

Spectre, you are so unbelievably clueless about anything outside of Texas that I'm getting a headache just reading your posts. Obviously you know the laws of a distant state way better than everyone that lives there. Silly BlaRo, doubting the God of all weapon-related knowledge.

Eh, fuck it. I'm too lazy to waste my time ripping you a new asshole right now. Maybe some other time.

LeVeL, I am just going off what the Massholes are saying about their own state and I've clearly said so above. For more of where I'm getting it, see (among others): http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...d-get-permit-these-locations.html#post1339917

So people from MA are lying about the difficulty and arcanity of their firearms laws. Good to know. :dunno: From my point of view all I need to know is 1) No reciprocity and 2) May issue (two things you cannot deny) and that's where my care level stops.

Last edited:
LeVeL, I am just going off what the Massholes are saying about their own state and I've clearly said so above. For more of where I'm getting it, see (among others): http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...d-get-permit-these-locations.html#post1339917

So people from MA are lying about the difficulty and arcanity of their firearms laws. Good to know. :dunno: From my point of view all I need to know is 1) No reciprocity and 2) May issue (two things you cannot deny) and that's where my care level stops.
It's true that Boston and some towns near it are very anti-gun. In the majority of the state, however, it's not that difficult to get a firearm license. I know a lot of people that have guns. Hell, even UMass Amherst, a huge state-funded university, has an official gun club! MA is no VT, where you don't even need a license to buy a gun, but it's far from being a state where it's impossible, or even very difficult, to acquire a license.

Can we go back to motorcycles?
Thank you.

Now: how does the Ducati Monster 696 compare to the Honda 599?
Here, the Honda costs 33,000 and the Ducati 30,000.
Apart from that insurance for the Ducati is cheaper because thieves have a hard-on for Honda products.
If I were to buy one of those, would I be sorry for choosing the Ducati?
Personally I think the italian looks much better. See for yourselves:
cb600f-hornet.jpg

Ducati_696_Monster_7.jpg

Last edited:
Well, yeah...oddities from a market where Honda has 80% of the market share, with ONE model accounting for 55% of total sales of motorcycles.

[video=youtube;IgtzmtfO-LI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgtzmtfO-LI[/video]

anyone understand what he is saying? that accent is horrible! :lol:
i wanted him to win the dianese superbike TT at the isle of man. to bad his bike decided it had enough :(

Well, 2011 must be the yar of the idiot because there seems to be more of them on the road this year.

Yep, another road vigilante cager.

This video shows a bunch of guys who are tearing up a busy canyon road. I'll admit that they are going a bit too fast and passing in not the best places, but one truck driver goes a little too far in trying to stop them.

If I've ever seen an inappropriate reaction, that's it.

Tear-assing at 100+mph on a busy road to catch up to everyone else and rage was not the smart thing to do. Also looks like the rider brake checked him, and as we know, Colorado's have shitty brakes.

I'm certainly not defending the Colorado driver's actions though, that guy almost took out another truck and the riders. Dude should have chilled out and called the cops on his ass like that other guy in Kentucky did and get that moron some jail time.

This cager-rage is getting out of control.

I'm afraid I agree with LeVeL on this one. Those motorcyclists were being total douche bags. Riding the center line, passing on double yellow, likely doubling or tripling the speed limit. I'm not saying the truck driver was in the right, but neither party is innocent. It is assholes who ride like that which give the rest of us responsible riders a bad name.

Saw a girl on the Mass Pike today riding a newer CBR600...she had a full-face on, a tank top, and yoga pants, and a rockin' body.

Yeah, yeah, ATGATT, whatever...but she was hot as hell. And fast, too. :wub: