my little Golf got a brother last week.

I got exactly the car I wanted - apart from every single detail:

• Mustn't be white or red
  • Must have Satnav
  • Must have alloys
  • Not a downsized engine
  • at least 140 PS
  • well equipped - at least as good as my MK5 is

And guess what : it is red, hasn't got a radio (not a joke - 2011 car for about 19 grand without a radio), hasn't got alloys, a 1.2 TSI Engine with 86HP , and has got no equipment at all, apart from the two extra doors in the back and wintertires.
Its two weeks old now, and I am the second owner.
A pair of retirees were the first owners, and after her husband died and her not being able to drive a car, I bought it.

Some Pics here, but there will be some better ones the next days, Quality-Level is 'iPhone'

Greetz!

Haha, the no radio-option might make it really special in 20 years! :) But hey, I guess you got a great deal for buying 99,9999% new car used and the red will look very good with some nice alloys and lowering :)

By an ad for a VW forum?

A car with no radio in 2011, wow, I didn't think that was possible.

On the plus side, it's easy to just drop in a badass aftermarket unit with all the toys and features you wouldn't have had if if the original owner had opted for some base audio package.

I hope the car does have the wiring for the speakers and an aerial....

On the plus side, it's easy to just drop in a badass aftermarket unit with all the toys and features you wouldn't have had if if the original owner had opted for some base audio package.

I'd love you being right at this point...but no.

Just checked it with my mate :

No speakers, no wires...nothing :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah.... bad thinking on my part. And second hand OEM headunit is most likely stolen goods anyway. ;)

Well, I get the RCD510 brand-new with original invoice and code for about 395,-? , not a bad price? :cool:

Whatever happens in your life: DO NOT BUY ZENEC!!! We have heaps of those lying around at work, all completely dead or severely malfunctioning. And if they work, they're not very good either.

Car looks nice...def need alloys.

So why did you get another Golf, thats underpowered, not in a colour you want, with no specs you want...?

Its all about money , you know.
I paid less for the red one than i could get today for the black one, which is a lot older and has more miles etc... ;)

86 horsepower, ouch. Though I'd rather have this then the 2011 Jetta, in any form. The Golf still looks like a much more well-engineered car (because it is).

86 horsepower, ouch. Though I'd rather have this then the 2011 Jetta, in any form. The Golf still looks like a much more well-engineered car (because it is).

The engine is great... in a smaller car. My sister's Fabia got that very engine, fits perfectly to the car.
In a Golf it would work, but wouldn't be fast.

The 105hp version fits perfectly to the Seat Leon, but perhaps the smaller one is a bit too weak?

It's a shame my Golf is white, because otherwise it would tick all your boxes. :mrgreen:

I like the silver accents on your interior, for some reason VW decided to make them shiny black in North America for the MkVI.