S17 start date

Seeing as the first filming date is the 22nd June (as confirmed by AS) the first audience show will likely be the 26th June. Whether they have a special before that is anyone's guess.

I doubt it, personally. If there was going to be a special first, we'd know about it.

was just about to post the link and say its official but ive been beaten to it! cant wait anyway, makes you more excited when you know the actual date :)

Series 14 is rather problematic. Normally, there's stuff on Top Gear that you can just go "meh" about. Not Series 14. Everything was either terrific (Romania, Bolivia, the Lancia film) or unremittingly awful (Geoff, the art gallery, the airship caravan, 14x07 as a whole). They were also ripping themselves off too much (the Twingo review, airport vehicle racing).

Actually the Twingo review was why I even started watching Top Gear (owned an old one and am still fond of them). They had that ep and 3 others of the series available on the plane. I started with the Twingo one and then watched the rest. Made me a fan :)

I then watched it backwards from there and in retrospect there's plenty of very long "running" jokes, but as a new viewer I found it absolutely hilarious.