The "New Toys" Thread

I'm actually considering a G9 since my G5 is getting a bit tired. $79 shipped from logitechshop.

Report back if you do go the G9 route. and iirc its been superseded by the G9x as well...

EDIT: Avoid the G7 if you want a good wireless mouse. Its good over cable but tracking issues over wireless. So say reviews at any rate.

Last edited:
Nah, GT5 is extremely good with the wheel. It's just so much different. Completely transforms the game. I cannot go back to the controller, it feels dead.

But you have to rethink how you play. It's a 900 degree wheel but you rarely turn more than 90 degrees in each direction, with an analog stick you're constantly going lock to lock.

I know, I played it with both and like I said the controller inputs are smoothed to shit, the steering wheel inputs are faster than in a real car (I grabbed the 1.8T A4 same as mine to compare :p)

I opened my case today and found this should I exchange the case or just take a sharpie to it

P1000119.JPG

P1000120.JPG

I opened my case today and found this should I exchange the case or just take a sharpie to it

Depends on how anal you are. Sharpies unfortunately never work that well, it has a weird purple hue when you look at in in sunlight.

Apparently there's pens made specifically to touch-up metal though, those probably look more natural. I haven't seen any on sale though.

My case has a gauge the size of my palm right on the top, dead center. I have no idea how it got there and to be honest, I really don't care :lol:

Apparently, pretty anal. I didn't know cases were supposed to be fashion statements.

Apparently, you don't know what anal means. :p

It's not about being a fashion statement, if you are anal things that are not right just bother you. It doesn't matter if other people can see it or would even care.

Apparently, pretty anal. I didn't know cases were supposed to be fashion statements.

Its about when I purchase something that is $180 I don't want to receive something that is inferior to what I expect. If the case was <$70 I would even mention it but i paid a lot for this case and expect it to be perfect

Its about when I purchase something that is $180 I don't want to receive something that is inferior to what I expect. If the case was <$70 I would even mention it but i paid a lot for this case and expect it to be perfect

I'd have to agree with that. When you are paying a large premium for something you expect it to be perfect.

To certain extent I agree however, I feel the effort and time spent packaging and returning it isn't worth it over something like that.

Just buy a $18 case instead, problem solved :dunno:
I have a friend who would beat you with a Lian Li case for saying that. I don't understand him either :p
To certain extent I agree however, I feel the effort and time spent packaging and returning it isn't worth it over something like that.
I have to say I agree with that, then again I shipped my MBP back because there was a small discoloration spot on the screen and had to wait for almost a month to get a new one (cuz the original new one they sent was wrong specs) so IDK :p

LianLi suck too, I got a faulty case and been waiting ages for tech support to reply.

I would never want a case called "LianLi" now if it was called "LucyLiu" then that would be a different story.

Just buy a $18 case instead, problem solved :dunno:

If it has good airflow its all good... I guess?

I have a friend who would beat you with a Lian Li case for saying that. I don't understand him either :p

I would never want a case called "LianLi" now if it was called "LucyLiu" then that would be a different story.

Back in the day choosing a case was easy: You'd go out and buy as Lian Li PC60 and be done with it. It was the case of choice for gamers, modders and overclockers alike. If you couldn't afford one on the other hand... Good luck sorting through all the cheap crap.

LianLi suck too, I got a faulty case and been waiting ages for tech support to reply.

Seems you had a bad experience.This is in all honesty the first time I've seen someone complain about Lian Li...

I think if Shawn bought a Veyron, it would literally fall to pieces as soon as he sat in it, and Bugatti would ignore him. And if he tried to sue, every lawyer he got would have a stroke the night he hired them.