What a brilliant idea: Chrysler EU dies. Bad part: They will now be called Lancia.

The Avenger is also sold in Europe - the car that has very few appealing features in the States, and none at all in Europe.

The Avenger is also sold in Europe - the car that has very few appealing features in the States, and none at all in Europe.

Hey now! It has one, at least slightly, redeeming feature...

It's better looking than the Sebring! :p

Look at that! They still sell the Avenger in France, Spain and Italy! Not in the UK or Germany though.
From the photo gallery on Dodge.es

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/05/17/avenger-web-int-17.jpg

Mmmmm look at... whatever it is they want to show us. Now you want to buy it!

Last edited:
Look at that! They still sell the Avenger in France, Spain and Italy! Not in the UK or Germany though.
From the photo gallery on Dodge.es

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/05/17/avenger-web-int-17.jpg

Mmmmm look at... whatever it is they want to show us. Now you want to buy it!

The Dodge Avenger, so exciting that the photographer fell asleep while doing advertising photos.

OR, the only angle where you can't see a glaring manufacturing defect.

I've thought about it and I think they want to show us the legroom created by that plastic backside. However what's going through my head is just "*thunk* ow my knees!"
Hey guess what? I saw an actual Journey today! It was a taxi. So now I've seen a Dodge taxi and I'm one step closer to finding all the items in the world.

I have seen 3 Dodge Journeys in the last days and couldn't help thinking: Why??

The funny part about that is that VW is getting back into the US minivan market with a rebadged Caravan/Voyager/Town and Country.

Behold, the VW Routan:
routan.jpg

I reckon that they will introduce the new VW Sharan there, too. Which actually is a brilliant car, probably the best people carrier on the market at the moment, if you add everything together (I'd still prefer the Ford S-Max, though).

Anyway, about the Lancia design I only have to say this:
3201442708_90c886b801_o.jpg

And about the rebadging of Chrysler I already expressed several times, that I think it's a stupid idea. The only "successful" Chrysler models here were the 300C and the PT Cruiser. Latter one was bought by idiots, who soon regretted it afterwards and the first one was bought by people who love big U.S. cars and have a secret desire to immigrate to the Wild West.

Lancias, however, even less successful than Chrysler here, where only bought by people, who said: "No, I don't want German, I don't want Japanese, I don't want French, I don't want Korean, I explicitely want something weird-looking from Italy but a Fiat is too common and an Alfa is too sporty.

The only thing those two target groups have in common, is an irrational love for crappy cars, that have a famous brand name, which used to stand for something 30 years ago. But one group favours their crap American style, the other favours it Italian style. It's like taking two halfs of moldy burger buns and stuffing overcooked pasta between them.

This will end as one of those equations, where one plus one equals zero.

Last edited:
The thema - does it retain the annoying range of 'bong sounds' anyone know? Has it got proper breakes now?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, that looks good.

(still wrong badge)

Also: Elderly Germans talking shit about things they cannot begin to understand : still hilarious.

In other words, epic fail in Europe? :tease:

Same thing as rick liking a car...

This offcourse coming from a guy driving a 1200cc VW estate designed for people who consider a VW to flamboyant.

That said, I have no doubt in my mind this will fail hard, not because of the looks, but because no single yankdriver will touch anything with an Italian badge on it, and no Italian driver will touch anything that wasen't peed on by unicorns or whatever it is they like in a car......

1390cc, please :tease: the 1197cc turbo is in my sister's Fabia.
Also, just by looks the Skoda is more flamboyant than the VW. Nothing more boring and conservative than a Golf. Skoda buyers simply want better build quality for less money :dunno:

I realy thought you had a 1200cc.....1400 seems excessive in your case :p

For the record, I actualy like most Skoda's for what they are, Fabia is a practical impossibility in my case but as a sensible value for money car Octavias/Superbs make sence and are honest about it.......unlike lets say Toyota who try to sell you 4m of boring and claim it's somehow exiting :p

Last edited:
I think it looks great, but it won't sell well in Europe.

I reckon that they will introduce the new VW Sharan there, too. Which actually is a brilliant car, probably the best people carrier on the market at the moment, if you add everything together (I'd still prefer the Ford S-Max, though).

I <3 the new Sharan, but I suspect it will need a wheelbase stretch before coming here. I need to look up how long it is first.

That said, Routan isn't a bad van, it also got improvements with the other 2011 Chrysler's and the suspension was already better tuned to begin with.

I really wish that we had the EuroVan/Transporter here though, I was impressed with how solid one sounded in a youtube walkaround video someone made. The exhaust note was also surprisingly sporty.

In other words, epic fail in Europe? :tease:

Same thing as rick liking a car...

I like the new/refreshed Chrysler products...:p

In all seriousness, the work they've done now that they are given permission to actually *gasp* choose quality materials for the vehicles and invest in proper tuning on the road has helped immensely. I'd gladly take pretty much anything in the lineup so far, save for the Caliber and Compass and those simply because I don't like the styling.

I suspect that the few European buyers open enough to try a Chrysler/Lancia will be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited: