2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Thomas can throw body checks, and blockers to the face, and two hand slashes. I say fair game no? Sedin wasn't in the crease when Thomas hit him either.

How did Sedin deserve a blind hit like that? And if you call Hortons a blindside hit (which it was a "I'm going to watch my pass now") then that was one too.

He reached up for the puck, and Thomas came out and hit him.

Sedin deserved it for trying to knock Thomas's stick out of his hands during a Canucks attack. If ever there was a cheap sleazy move, this was it.

And I can't fucking believe that you are defending Rome! He blindsided a player without a puck for no apparent reason and sent him to the hospital.

it was a unnecessary force to blindsided (he watched the puck yes, a small mistake from him) player indeed. he had time to ease the power on the hit but decided to go full force and even extend himself that way the hortons fall was mostly head on ice. my .2

Sedin deserved it for trying to knock Thomas's stick out of his hands during a Canucks attack. If ever there was a cheap sleazy move, this was it.

And I can't fucking believe that you are defending Rome! He blindsided a player without a puck for no apparent reason and sent him to the hospital.

Sedin never touched Thomas' stick...it was Burrows.

I am defending Rome just like all of the Boston fans defended Chara, difference, 5 years ago that hit would be clean and Horton would've been told to stop watching his pass. Chara's hit was just as bad, as proven by this video.

Both were dirty hits, but with the Max hit he didn't do anything at all to cause it, Chara just decided to keep running him towards the stanchion. OH NO HE SENT HIM TO THE HOSPITAL. Chara did the same, but actually broke vertebrae in Max but lets forget about that. Horton gave an unbelievable cheap shot to Downie from behind, Downie falls and is obviously messed in the head, and what does Horton do? Starts mocking him. Horton is scum.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-dY6p5cR4I&feature=related[/youtube]

You're right, it was Burrows, my bad. I was thinking about the last game.

I don't think Chara's hit in that video you posted was as bad as Rome's, to be honest. He was turning and ran up against the boards. Rome had plenty of time to see that Horton no longer had the puck. Not looking is not an excuse - if I walk up behind you and shoot you in the head, will be it my fault or yours for not looking?

Downie? The one that got called for diving for that hit? I don't necessarily agree that it was a dive but that looks like a clean hit by Horton to me. He didn't go for Downie's head.

Max knew Chara was there the whole time. Chara was stick-checking and moving in to rub Max out. Hitting the stantion was unfortunate, but if it were on the other side of the rink without the benches, then it wouldn't have been a penalty at all. Rome was several strides away moving backwards, and didn't step up until Horton had his head turned. He actively changed directions, took two strides and left his feet. No matter where you are on the rink, that should be a penalty, given the rules that are in place now.

Didn't see the Downie hit.

Please, the Downie hit was anything but clean. It was a from behind check head first in the boards where Downie gets a diving call, then can't get off the ice by himself...

Rome was already going for the hit when he still had the puck, he just stopped and continued it after Horton passed.

And there is a BIG difference between getting shot while not looking and getting hit like that while watching your pass. The difference? Horton has played hockey for how many years and knows its a contact sport and to keep your head up. But he didn't instead he watched Lucic carry the puck over the blue line and got absolutely rocked.

Please, the Downie hit was anything but clean. It was a from behind check head first in the boards where Downie gets a diving call, then can't get off the ice by himself...

Rome was already going for the hit when he still had the puck, he just stopped and continued it after Horton passed.

And there is a BIG difference between getting shot while not looking and getting hit like that while watching your pass. The difference? Horton has played hockey for how many years and knows its a contact sport and to keep your head up. But he didn't instead he watched Lucic carry the puck over the blue line and got absolutely rocked.

yea, i love how downie gets called for diving then cant get up.

Watching the replays it's pretty clear to me that it was unintentional for Downie's head to go into the boards like that. Hence my previous statement that it was a clean hit.

Rome's hit went like this: alright I'm gonna check him... oh look, he got rid of the puck! HA! sucker doesn't even see me. I think I'm gonna hit him as hard as I possibly can! wait for it..... BAM!

Watching the replays it's pretty clear to me that it was unintentional for Downie's head to go into the boards like that. Hence my previous statement that it was a clean hit.

Rome's hit went like this: alright I'm gonna check him... oh look, he got rid of the puck! HA! sucker doesn't even see me. I think I'm gonna hit him as hard as I possibly can! wait for it..... BAM!

yep, i call that hockey. as was said before, 5 years ago it woul;d have been a case of "thats what you get for watching your pass"

Nice to see Vancouver bounce back after those horrible loses in Games 3 & 4. One more win to go but the way these teams have been playing at home I wouldn't be surprised if Vancover wins it in 7. Go Canucks! :D

I did not get to see the whole game, but the last half of the third was damn good hockey.

I took a shower and come back 4 goals later?

Damnit, I was hoping this would be over tonight.

Yeah, I got home about 12 minutes into the first and it is Boston ahead 4-0. :eek: Go Boston.

EDIT:
I thought you weren't a hockey fan?? :p