Possibility of Liquid Fuel for Electric Cars

Maybe tomorrow we will hear of a new power converter that can use human stupidity or fan boi rage to generate electricity, then we are pretty much covered :p

Bottom line is without increasing demand for clean(er) energy production there isn't a whole lot of reason to bother with it. Creating a high volume electric vehicle that needs charging would definitely be a push for it.

Oh ok - I see what you are saying attack the issue from both ends at once - just because Ukania is totally moribund of ideas does not mean that others are. ...

Oh ok - I see what you are saying attack the issue from both ends at once - just because Ukania is totally moribund of ideas does not mean that others are. ...

Pretty much (I know nothing of Ukania so I will rely on your expertise :) )

*Pretty sure* that 'Ukania' is a pun on the UK...:p

As long as it fits our current system (as James described in the Clarity bit), this is a great alternative. Big props to the big brains for thinking outside the box!

Another thought chaps. ?

"Overall, there are 32,897,000 vehicles registered for use on UK roads including cars, vans, taxis, buses and trucks."

Now let us suppose that they all transfer over to electricity - average miles in a year is about 7,000 per car/truck. Sorry but can someone do the maths for me; how many new power stations will that need? How will the government make up the lost revenue (70+p per litre tax at the moment).

Don't you worry about revenue, the government will be sure they get their money.