Ownership Verified: We can rebuild it... we have the technology (7 - take two)

Wohoo! Congratulations! You must now be the happiest guy with orange 7 in Finland! :D

Thanks

First outside pics at work:

Things to be fixed asap: brakes are crap, and front right one is dragging the wheel, front suspension is working extremely unevenly, I suspect that front left damper is busted (fucking ebay...), left headlight burned on my way to MOT ;)

Otherwise, it's officially roadworthy :D

Last edited:
Congrats, it is baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Oh and I always chuckle at the headlights, it looks like a baby who is totally amazed by everything around it :D

Reenactment about what happened before, from the Se7en's view:

reactiongifs.gif

Did an extended drive this evening, it's awesome. The brake disk cleaned itself now, I guess, so it doesn't pull to the right so badly, but the left shock absorber is definitely spent. It does nothing at all. So I had avoid all bumps pretty much :)

The engine feel great, though. Perfect weather too, sun doesn't burn at this hour any more. Topless motoring rocks :)

Last edited:
You get british weather. That's the conditions the car was designed for. What more do you want? :)

And use a tonneau none of that pussy cloth roof crap. :p

We had a little meet on Sunday with #gear.fi folk. A little camera test video I took on my way back home: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV1UaXq8SX4&feature=youtu.be&t=26s. Not embedding it because I left it unlisted.

And it was raining like mad since Monday, so the 7 stayed indoors. But at least I've ordered new shocks with springs for the front. Adjustable for damping and ride height, just to make sure there's enough settings I can set wrong :p

You could have taken that corner faster. :p

Congrates again for having a working car.

Okay, MXM just drove me around the block in this wild thing, and boy. If it's such a hoot driving around the university campus at half speeds with a car still in need of tuning, I can't even begin to imagine the joy and thrill of roaring around the 'Ring in this.:?

Congrats on getting it working again. I would say "drive carefully", but that'd be bollocks. Drive like your pants are on fire and give it hell.:nod:

Because MXM didn't post it:

IMAG0397.jpg

Needs water drainage holes at lowest point of seat :p

where is the lowest point of seat in that!?