2011 24 Heures du Mans - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance, June 11-12 - Race Week Thread

I talked about the current situation.

The Audi got thwarted just enough to squeeze 12 laps out of it's tank so they can pick up less fuel in the last fuel stop before the finish.

[video=youtube;i-LKXFRIDrU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-LKXFRIDrU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Makes a good show.

Interestingly, that DOES show one of the marshals waving a blue flag. There's no other traffic around and the Marshal doesn't start waving until AFTER the preceding Prototype has gone through.

Last edited:
I think the #2 Audi has the upper hand and, if nothing unexpected happens, it should win the race fairly easily. But this is LeMans and anything can happen so let's see.

1:20h yet to go - 1st and 2nd are 20 seconds apart... :eek:

#7 Peugeot had an off in the second chicane so the #9 Peugeot (2nd place) could go through without problem...

Interestingly, that DOES show one of the marshals waving a blue flag. There's no other traffic around and the Marshal doesn't start waving until AFTER the preceding Prototype has gone through.

You're not saying one of the Peugeot team members would lie to cover their driver, are you? The mere thought of such an accusation is ridiculous.

/sarcasm

Light rain again on the main straight, Peugeot prepares intermediates again.

Think about it: they drove almost 23 hours now, 334 laps which add up to more than 4500 km, and the gap is 1:30 min at the moment (after pitstop from the #9 Peugeot), before it was 20-30 seconds... :eek:

Last edited:
You know, if Peugeot wins, noone will give them credit after this shit, they will be branded "The unfair bastards of 2011". Well, they will be anyways. But Audi are the heroes already after the shit they went through. Personally, I am rooting for at least one Peugeot eating shit in the last lap. Best taking the other Peugeots out while at it.

I wouldn't mind Pagenaud catching the Audi with about 10 minutes remaining, and just as he's pulling out to pass down the Mulsanne, his engine eats itself.

wow flash on the mac is awful

3 flash players open, 271% cpu and shortly after full on flash plug in failure.

Now im having an Xzibit moment with the ZONEIN feed..they put an advert over an advert so I can watch an advert while im watching an advert!

Last edited:
So French marshalls warn a Ferrari to switch lights on but not a Peugeot to please not crash an Audi into a wall? Shame, ACO.

D-Fence, which ep of FG is your avatar from?

The eurosport-commentators just revealed the amount of time the Audi and the #9 Peugeot were in the pits (including in and out of the pits): although the Audi has three stops more, it has one less minute in the pits (32 vs. 33 minutes). That's incredible.

[edit]
Both leading cars were in the pits - Audi with tirechange, Peugeot without. They are 7 seconds apart! :eek: :eek: :eek:
[/edit]

Last edited:
What is this shit? Sorcery? :p Although they do less laps with a tank they manage to spend less time in the pits than the Peugeots, the pit crews (for all the teams btw) deserve some massive credit too in this race.

Edit: ballsy decission by Audi, they changed tires and looks like they had just enough time to stay in the lead!

Last edited: