James May's Things You Need to Know

DEL732

James May's Things You Need to Know
Monday 20 June
10:00pm - 10:30pm
BBC2

The Human Body

1/3

New series. The Top Gear presenter contemplates the human body, using motion graphics in his search for answers as to why individuals inherit certain family characteristics, the reasons for catching colds and having hangovers, and what people will look like in 1,000 years.

I'm completely baffled by this one. He hasn't mentioned it in any of the recent interviews and secondly, where on earth did he find the time to film this, next to doing top Gear, Man Lab and the Great Train Race? :blink:

Probably why he hasn't been able to update his column.

A busy man indeed!

edit...now to see if I can get it over here in the States...

Brilliant :D So looking forward to this.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The forum girls flocked in to welcome this program it seems :eek:

And that surprises you, because..... ??? ;)

Some more info about the first episode:

James May goes on an intriguing journey to answer the big questions in life as he investigates the universe, the human body and the weather.

In the opening episode, James wonders about the human body - by far the most impressive vehicle he was ever going to own.

James has decided to ask the Big Questions: How did I get my Granny's chin? Why do I catch colds? Why am I hung over? An what will we look like a thousand years from now? To find the answers he'll be plunging him into an exciting, entertaining and sometimes down right bizarre world of motion graphics.

The answers are packed with facts that will surprise, amaze and entertain you - and make you look at your body in a whole new light.

http://digiguide.tv/pick-of-the-day...things-you-need-to-know-about-the-human-body/

The picture looks like a still from the programme. Looking at James' hair, it must must have been filmed fairly recently. :think:

There are things I am only now finding out about life (NB 55 yo!). Stuff I wish someone had told me 30+ years ago. James is doing the safe stuff, we need somone to do a TV programme about tricky and icky stuff your life has thrown at it, and how to survive and prosper!

Wow, amazing stuff. Equally amazing is the amount of air time the lads are getting. The third series of "Engineering Connections" is airing for the first time in the UK, and "Naked Earth" will air (presumably) before August. James' "Great Train Race" aired on June 12 for the first time, there's this new series, and then TG returns on the 26th!

Last edited:
According to posts on twitter, this series is still being edited but will be ready for transmission.

That's cutting it a bit fine, then!

wow, it sure is. I'm thrilled to have so much James & Rich on our screens, and soon new TG :) Sounds like it will be a brilliant little series, and maybe this is something James might do more of.

In my case it's more like "The James May and Richard Hammond Mafia"*. ;)

* Jeremy would've been included it if he made more non-motoring-related stuff.

Mine's closer to accurate. (5' 5".) Maybe you should be swapped with diti? :)

Trailer!

[video=youtube;jGoBdxZlJ-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGoBdxZlJ-E[/video]