Random Thoughts....

Too expensive now that neither of us work there :sad:

Ah well, pull some favours?

Yeah, I was about to use that as a failsafe if people started taking my jokes about my sexuality seriously again. I also recognise her as the weird-looking girl from the Rimmel London adverts.

Hey, I've done far worse, you won't receive any judgement from me.

Last edited:
Working has taught me only one thing, that you can be a complete incompetent and still keep your job.

Hell, in my company you'd be promoted!

in my previous job. they would have taken all those who were incompetent, put them all in management. then the one who's the worst out of them all. they would have made that person boss.

So, after yesterday, we've made a few changes around the house.

Last night, there was someone snooping around the garden, and tried to get into my car. As he pulled the handle the security light in the driveway turned on and scared him off. But now that we are aware that it seems to be a common occurrence that people are trespassing on the property, we have invested in some more security equipment.

So, we now have a CCTV system with 4 cameras, a few more motion sensor security lights, and new bolts on the door the guy broke in through.

Overreacting? Maybe. But anything that helps us sleep at night is worth it.

The results of getting burgled are not just the sum of the cost of what is stolen, there is a mental level to it as well, and that's the bit that gets you. There was someone in the house, while we were sleeping. And nobody noticed. Someone has my laptop, which is not just a cost to replace, but it has personal information on it. As with my wallet; they have my licence, bank cards, all stuff with my name on them. And most likely, all my stuff has been flogged to get a hit of heroine. Home is the one place where you think you have complete security and privacy, and now that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. That shit messes with you.

Still, I'm thankful we're all alright.

Nice upgrades. And the fact that your home was invaded should be a bit disconcerting, your reaction to it is to make your home safer. That is what home should be, safe. Does not matter if it is a cave or a mansion. So your feelings are justified.

nah, you only become obsessed when you put up a stack of Sentry Guns like the ones from Aliens.

[video=youtube;8FQR-JgqAwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FQR-JgqAwU[/video]

perfectly understandable though, given the situation. hope you're doing better.

i was going to make a long rant on here about someone thats been pissing me off on facebook recently. except now, i'm so beyond caring that i can't even be bothered to type it all out. i feel another purge of the friends list coming along.

btw, its not anyone i know on here. just someone who's been pissing me off with comments about my interests for a while now (yes i'm a DW fan, if you don't like it. no need to rub it in my face every chance you get). really am reaching a point where the kick button is looking all that more pleasant.

Purge if needed. Like I've said repeatedly to LeMans_GTR, if you don't enjoy the company, its time to re-evaluate if they're your friends or not. I'm happy everyone on my facebook friendlist are either fellow nerds or other friends who let me have fun with my mad antics and strange topics of conversation. This meant I have had no need to purge so far. Then again, I don't have that many friends since I'm rather strange. Even by nerd standards. *pokerface*

Working has taught me only one thing, that you can be a complete incompetent and still keep your job.

You don't even need to be working to know that...

Hell, in my company you'd be promoted!

Seen that happen as well in many places.

BECAUSE RACECAR.

Finally someone gets it! \o/

Because Jalopnik.

DEFINITELY NOT!

Last edited:
I got my first mosquito bites of the season yesterday.

I just counted 16 of them. :blink:

Why do mosquitos think I taste so good?

Because you smell bad? :razz: I find that mosquitoes generally tend to bite more when you perspire.

At the moment I roam around the people who like hipster things but aren't douches, the slightly nerdy people, the nerdy people, two people that are kind of nomadic and a group of 'normal' undefined people

Sounds like you described myself. :|

Last edited:
Because you smell bad? :razz: I find that mosquitoes generally tend to bite more when you perspire.

This, iirc it could also be because one is overscented as well....

Why are there so many mosquitoes in the first place? Do you live near a lake or some kind of sitting water?

I use one of these at night(when there are mosquitoes). Doesn't really smell and I sleep with my window opened anyway. Seems to work.

aparat-anti-insecte-insect-free-cu-20-de-pastile-25050-5224.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly. Mozzies go for some people more than others regardless of personal hygiene. I was showering 3x a day in Texas last year and still getting bitten to fuck.

I actually don't live in an area that would seem to attract so many bugs, that's why it's strange that I got so many bites at once.

Can't stop scratching, arghffjskajn.

Is it something to do with the blood group, or the sugar content/some other attractive chemical (e.g. Insulin) of same do you think?

I think our 12 year old B&O tv is slowly dying :( it has started to distort the picture, but not always, mostly during commercials so far. It's both sad and good, sad because I like it and it has a VHS slot and my parents have all the old disney movies on VHS and that would be nice when Emily gets older, but on the other hand it is HUGE, doesn't have any of the new features (obviously) and it would be nice to get a bigger wallmounted flatscreen....
I had a B&O tele for years and years. Technology is changing so fast I'd got for a quality Jap/Korean product atm - as I have. 3 x Samsungs, 1 x Toshiba, 1 x LG.

Main living room, main bedroom, three kids and one in the kitchen to cook by. 4 have HD feeds from Virgin and 5 have terrestrial aeriel feeds capable of rendering HD digital tele.

Some have said I have gone bonkers.