Random Thoughts....

TAI-WAN-KNEES!! :p

AFAIK, Chinese workers are far too expensive for rock-bottom clothes joints. Much of their stuff comes from Bangladesh.

Samesame, everything east of Europe is China :p

The Philips TV in my room is 15+ years old and still going strong. Also, it's one of the Philips products actually made in Holland, with some Toshiba internal parts.

In 2000 I bought a 27" Philips CRT from Wal-Mart for $250, a middle range price. I vowed that when that TV died I would get a flat screen LCD. It is still going strong, and digital cables looks great on it.

Just launched meself on to t'kitchen table 'cause I just nearly stood on a bloody ginormous tick that must've just fell off the cat. Only just come down down. Screamed for me mam or dad to come through an look at it an' stand ont bugger.

But if course me father being me father had to scrape it into some card, examine it then put some spot-on on ofthe chuck it back outside. o_O It's alright for him he's already had Lyme's Disease.

Why does my apple taste more like asshole after brushing my teeth?

Of course, even if you step on it it doesn't always kill the buggers. They are very hard to squash.
I found one on my thigh about 3 years when I was visiting family in Maine. It must have just attached itself to me because it hadn't drunk any blood. I tried to crush it but I couldn't so I ended up flushing it down the bog.

(Bog? Bugger? Bloody hell, Shirahime, your speech is starting to affect mine!)

Of course, even if you step on it it doesn't always kill the buggers. They are very hard to squash.
I found one on my thigh about 3 years when I was visiting family in Maine. It must have just attached itself to me because it hadn't drunk any blood. I tried to crush it but I couldn't so I ended up flushing it down the bog.

(Bog? Bugger? Bloody hell, Shirahime, your speech is starting to affect mine!)

Yeah I've stood on a few before. Kinda like trying to crush a marble, can be done though wi' some decent hard-soled boots though. XD

Or a hammer... :|

Me mam's actually had 3 on her int past few years an' she pretty much went psychotic when she found 'em. Touch wood I've never had one on me but God forbid if I ever do find one I'll either faint or knock someone out.

(Ey, when you start saying "agate" you've 'ad it. Haha!)

Light a match and hold the hot matchhead to the tick for 5 seconds or more. That works well.

Noooooo no no no that's one of the worst things you could do trying to remove one of the liccle buggers. When you do that (they say you can do it wi' surgical spirit too) it does 'cause the tick to withdraw but it also causes it to regurgitate whatever shite it has in it into the wound it makes. The best thing to do is to twist it out which has more chance of removing the entire thing using a tick removal tool. Sometimes the head can be left in an that itself can cause infection, an' possible Lyme's Disease if it's a carrier.

Is it something to do with the blood group, or the sugar content/some other attractive chemical (e.g. Insulin) of same do you think?

It could be, I should look into that. I have had moments before where I've wondered if my glucose levels might be out of whack.

Here's some interesting stuff about what attracts/repels mosquitoes.
Also, they use to spray the neighborhood and parks here with mosquito repellent.

Thanks for the link.

Personally I can't stand bug repellant stuff, hate the scent as I have a very sensitive sense of smell that immediately leads to headaches and dizziness when its offended.

Cowboy's TopTip : ALCOHOL! Seriously, I used to be a mosquito magnet as a kid, but they seem to hate the taste of alcohol. (or even a hint of the taste as I don't drink anything during the week yet they leave me alone)

That would work, if I too didn't hate the taste of alcohol. :p

Nah, it's not that. I used to drink sometimes but I can't anymore since my body does not seem to like it.

Mosquitos eat me alive unless I bathe myself in repellant, and even then.... I need to get me one of those devices that shoots the buggers down with tiny lasers.

Why does my apple taste more like asshole after brushing my teeth?

Because toothpaste is full of artificial sweeteners and it's just like eating strong, sugar-laden mints. The relatively low levels of natural fructose can't compete and the fruit or juice tastes bitter by comparison. Same reason why if I am going out for the evening I brush my teeth before I do anything else so by the time I have showered, shaved, dressed and got to wherever I am going the toothpaste has worn off and doesn't ruin the taste of the beer.

Call yourself a scientist? Sheesh.

Noooooo no no no that's one of the worst things you could do trying to remove one of the liccle buggers. When you do that (they say you can do it wi' surgical spirit too) it does 'cause the tick to withdraw but it also causes it to regurgitate whatever shite it has in it into the wound it makes. The best thing to do is to twist it out which has more chance of removing the entire thing using a tick removal tool. Sometimes the head can be left in an that itself can cause infection, an' possible Lyme's Disease if it's a carrier.

I was talking about when it was removed from your head. :unsure: That is what my parents did when they removed them from me.

Because toothpaste is full of artificial sweeteners and it's just like eating strong, sugar-laden mints. The relatively low levels of natural fructose can't compete and the fruit or juice tastes bitter by comparison. Same reason why if I am going out for the evening I brush my teeth before I do anything else so by the time I have showered, shaved, dressed and got to wherever I am going the toothpaste has worn off and doesn't ruin the taste of the beer.

Ah, so that's why that is. Basically everything sweet tastes terrible after brushing your teeth, but I never bothered to look at the cause.

It doesn't seem to wear off for me though, I usually need to clean out my mouth with something.

Last edited:
And you know what asshole tastes like how, exactly?

Never mind - don't answer that.

Because I am one.... bitch :p

I was trying to do that old elementary school thing where you hold your tongue and say "apple" and it comes out as "asshole". But I knew someone immature enough would respond asking how I knew how it would taste. BOOYA right back atcha.

Call yourself a scientist? Sheesh.

I'z an ass-tronomer not a buy-all-ogist. But that explains everything so well. I guess that's why coffee after brushing helps, it stains the crap out of your teeth but makes your tastebuds zero out.

Yeah I've stood on a few before. Kinda like trying to crush a marble, can be done though wi' some decent hard-soled boots though. XD
Fleas are similar. I've learned how to rip their heads off with my fingernails. If the flea is one that's been exposed to a pesticide, but survived, I can crush it between my thumbnails. They make a cracking sound when you crack the exoskeleton, just make sure you squish enough for it to definitely be dead. Spoiled for ew...
I've squeezed eggs out of the back of a female that was about ready to lay. Yes, I'm careful to eliminate the eggs, too.
We've had cats all my life. We've had fleas a few times. There's a particular satisfaction in killing the buggers.