Random Thoughts....

MWF = poor as a teenager :p

Sadly that is jedd's Catch 22. He can't drive, he can't afford to learn to drive because he has no job. To get to a wider selection of possible jobs he would need to be able to drive........

:(

/crosspost from the annoy me thread - had a nice discussion with a buddy the other day in wich I sort of got the same answer. I was just in total disbelief that he?d actually advised me to "take the bike to work" when I was just complaining about how I have to drive with ze car for more than half an hour and the bus takes roughly a complete hour ... and he?s telling me to take something that?s not even half as fast as the Bus. 4 hours on the bicycle on a workday ... what a great idea. Why don?t I go the literal extra mile and fucking MARCH? WITH A 40 POUND BACKPACK???? WOULD THAT BE GREAT FOR MY FITNESS AND SAVE ME MONEY?!?!? :rolleyes:

No, the 40 pound pack is too much and will eventually hurt your back and in the end cost you your health. Twenty-five pounds sounds far more reasonable to me. :p

Sadly that is jedd's Catch 22. He can't drive, he can't afford to learn to drive because he has no job. To get to a wider selection of possible jobs he would need to be able to drive........

:(

yup thats very much the problem. i even managed to get a interview with one place but couldn't attend because it was too far. car comes into the equation it becomes a lot easier. when i do get a job (and i mean 'when' and not 'if') first thing i'm doing is getting a sodding driving licence. if viper can get one. anyone can.

Reactions: MWF
yup thats very much the problem. i even managed to get a interview with one place but couldn't attend because it was too far. car comes into the equation it becomes a lot easier. when i do get a job (and i mean 'when' and not 'if') first thing i'm doing is getting a sodding driving licence. if viper can get one. anyone can.
I did the whole car license thing first to get it out of the way.
Obviously that doesn't work as although I can drive a car I can't afford to own one.

Also you think that's bad? I had an interview at Greggs to work a 2 hours shift over the weekend, about ?6.20 an hour and the return bus ticket cost ?5.80! :lol:
Although to be fair they did they there were more hours available, I get the feeling I didn't get that job because public transport isn't very reliable and they were worried I'd be able to get there on time.

Internet has been turned on in my new home \o/

Almost done with the move, just a few things left, then the tedious process of settling in and rewiring the networks D:

I did the whole car license thing first to get it out of the way.
Obviously that doesn't work as although I can drive a car I can't afford to own one.

Also you think that's bad? I had an interview at Greggs to work a 2 hours shift over the weekend, about ?6.20 an hour and the return bus ticket cost ?5.80! :lol:
Although to be fair they did they there were more hours available, I get the feeling I didn't get that job because public transport isn't very reliable and they were worried I'd be able to get there on time.
Free lunch type food though - fill up! :lol:

Don't you have friends or relatives that could teach you to drive?

(Super sweet 16 clip)
What is it that's wrong with the Lexus, that "ruins her life"? I could not understand it even after the third or fourth listening.

What is it that's wrong with the Lexus, that "ruins her life"? I could not understand it even after the third or fourth listening.
She wanted to be given it during the party, not before. Presumably so all her friends could see it and bask in her superiority.

I don't think I'd complain if I were given a brand new Lexus... or any sort of car to be quite honest. I mean, granted, I'd sell it instantly and buy something worse but that's not the point!

Last edited:
What is the exchange rate at the moment? Isn't it something like 46.7 Allegri to one Lexus?

... being poor as a teenager builds character ...

I'd agree with that. :nod:

Ouch. The fact that the job centre won't help out is sucky...they should realize that by providing you the bus fare...they're actually enabling someone to do what they want you to do....go to work on a steady basis. Yay for backwards bureaucratic thinking.

Hopefully you'll manage to hold out more at the charity shop, it seems like you really like working there. :)

Last day of academics for Junior year!:w00t:

Watched Easy A in the last class, now all my mind can focus on is Emma Stone.

So the first contractor just passed by for an estimate on the new roof, I know this guy a long time and he will do me a deal (it pays to spend alot of time in the pub) and I have all confidence in him, but the only week he can do it this year is the week I'm 40K away helping organise a 25.000 people festival, aka busiest week and weekend of the year for me.......... craptacular.

Last edited: