What Form of Motorsport Would You Compete in?

What Form of Motorsport Would You Compete in?

• Total voters

Der Stig

is Der Slut
Car(s)
Furrin Crap
This came up in a discussion between myself and Spectre, so here we go.

This is not necessarily your favorite, but the one you would want to compete in.

Here are some brief bits on each category. Each picture is a link to the motorsport's respective category.

Formula 1

FIA GT3

NASCAR

NHRA/Drag Racing

WSB/MotoGP
WSB:
WSB-BENNETTS.jpg

MotoGP:
721_m.jpg

FIM Enduro

ISDE

Dakar/Baja
Dakar:
rally-dakar-argentinachile.jpg

Baja:
baja1000.jpg

DTM/BTCC/Australian V8 Supercars
DTM:
510358_895350_2362_1574_07062401_MB_DTM_Norisring_Start.jpg

BTCC:
btcc_cars_title.jpg

Australian V8 Supercars:
supercars2-420x0.jpg

WRC

ALMS/ELMS/JLMS
ALMS:
de8ac_almsmonterey08_lead.jpg

ELMS:
race-start_opt.jpg

Asian LMS:
japan-le-mans-challenge_1.jpg

Please, feel free to submit better pictures or descriptions.

Last edited:
One little mistake: the Japan Le Mans Series has been dead for about 4 years now. ;) It's ALMS over on your side of the pond, the LMS here, and the ILMC (soon-to-be World Endurance Championship) all-around.

And I'd go for this anyway. I know I'll never be as skilled as the pros, but if I had the money, I'd work to get myself race-fit, and maybe start a team, but in the end I'd be doing what every single gentleman driver on the grid is doing: living the dream. Hopefully without it ending in a nightmare like Rob Kauffman after punting the Audi off last weekend. And not in a LMP car, too fast and tricky. A nice comfy GTE-Am car to get started with. :)

I would start with GT3 or JWRC first.

Then move onto something like FF, FBMW etc.. eventually getting into F3000.

Realistically speaking? TLGP is pretty much the most common form of motorsport that I get to part take : p

I am assuming "money/talent no object" for this. It was close between BTCC and WRC but in the end I went for the latter.

World Endurance Championship.

I used to do 24hr races in recumbent racing bikes* which was a lot of fun although pretty stressful at times! I imagine doing a race such as Le Mans would only be 1000x better :p

* Me in the silver vehicle chasing the leader and working through the traffic

Last edited:
If I had to suddenly be dropped into a racing series out of nowhere I'd probably be very uncompetetive. Whatever the series I'd rather spend some time doing solo driving. I think I'd have a hard time getting used to the whole bump and grind style of racing right off the bat.

Enduro/Motocross and/or WSB/MotoGP!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I would love to do Dakar/Baja kind of thing once.......thought about doing the Diesel & Dust Challenge / Dresden-Dakar-Banjul with some mates later in life: http://www.rallye-dresden-dakar-banjul.com It is basically doing charity while having the time of your life. How awesome is that? Basically, you buy a car in Germany, make it desert proof and drive it all the way down to Banjul, where it gets auctioned off for charity, and you fly home.

I definitely want to do this or sth. similar at one point in my life.

If I had the talent and the opportunity, rallying. Blasting through woods on 2m wide roads at 180+ kph? It doesn't get more insane.

Edit: actually, it does. Manx TT.

Last edited:
The focus on these is as MWF said, assuming no money or talent limit as well.

Obviously the most manly one; WSB/MotoGP!

EDIT: BTW, where is the motocross option?

Heh, I knew this would get brought up.

I didn't include it as motocross is so diverse (the X Games and stuff like that) now, I didn't want to limit it to just a "motocross" category. Plus, I have the enduros. I didn't include drifting either as it's not a race in the "first past the post" sense. Finally, I didn't include ATV racing, lawnmower racing, etc. :p

My favourite choice, by far and away, would be ALMS/LMS/ILMC. But FIA GT3, Formula 1, the WRC, and touring cars (Forgot to check that off in the poll) would be, in no particular order, my other choices.

Four wheels and a road or rally course = coco would be happy.

anything which is driving against an opponent, and is raced on tarmac!

i don't like racing against the clock, and half of the time off road racing is just keeping the throttle open and hoping you don't crash...

Some type of endurance racing or rallycross.