Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

How do you get to 700 dollars from there?

Approx monthly rental cost is around 385 US dollars for one room apartment depending on its quality (the utility bills are not included) plus the commission fees to the rental agency (regularly 50% of one month rental cost)

385 + 50% ~ 600$ at least for the first month...

but i'd have to agree, that can't be regularly and i dont think utility bills are as expensive as that :blink:

DAMN THE EDITING FUNCTION! :p

Last edited:
385 + 50% ~ 600$ yes? :p
That's a one-time fee for the commission, like a Maklercourtage in Germany , not a monthly fee. :p

Also, see edit.

Last edited:
oh, that's good to know the commission is only a one-time thing. phew.
I'll be accepting the job.
Thanks for the info, guys~

Wait a second! I hope you read any of the other suggestions/questions I posted.

Wait a second! I hope you read any of the other suggestions/questions I posted.

regarding inflation?

Well, the contract is only for 9 months (Sept. - May), so I doubt I'll be affected much by that.
Cost of living appears to be fair, according to the sites you showed me.

Did I miss anything else??

Is it 1700 bucks before or after taxes? Will they pay your travel expenses back and forth?

New contract at work. Including a payraise, but my boss managed to make me feel I've underselled myself because he accepted my opening request...

New contract at work. Including a payraise, but my boss managed to make me feel I've underselled myself because he accepted my opening request...
Once you remember that "to sell" is an irregular verb, you'll think of asking for more money as well :p

Congrats on the new contract!

Got a job for the summer too! I work in a paper mill with my friend. Cleaning lines that transfer wood chips and stuff. The payment is fair so I'll have some money when I start my studies in a new city this autumn 8)

I've already mentioned it in IRC last week, but I got an admission offer from Lehigh University for graduate studies. Looks like I'm moving to Pennsylvania! :dance:

I've already mentioned it in IRC last week, but I got an admission offer from Lehigh University for graduate studies. Looks like I'm moving to Pennsylvania! :dance:

Dammit, I shoulda wen't to Lehigh instead of Ship! :lol: Congrats and welcome to Pennsylvania!

PA_sign.jpg

(yes...we ripped off SAAB with the slogan...) :lol:

We're generally pretty nice folks. :)

Last edited:
So I pretty much got confirmation that I got a job in China as an iOS developer!
If all goes well I should go there at the beginning of August and start not too long after that!

I'm so fucking excited you can't fucking imagine! I've been wanting to go back since 2008 and that job is in the same company as one of my best friend since then!

I'm unemployed since April because... issues with the guy who runs the company.
I used to design tannering machinery on Solidworks and AutoCAD 2007.
Meanwhile, i'm attending the Manufacturing engineering college and fixing some PC's.

wohoo, just came home from an interview for an internship at a small (only 4 engineers) energy- / efficiency-consultancy. damn i want that internship... and a side job for later... and a bachelors thesis with them... and a masters thesis as well... how hard can it be!? oh dear... i ruined it now, didn't i? :'( i actually do think i did rather well, being able to answer their questions and maintaining a friendly atmosphere all the time, so hopefully they'll give me positive feedback... in two weeks or something.