INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Have any other newbs had trouble getting their comments approved? :( How long does it usually take? I wanna talk about stuff!

:welcome: to all.

And comment text-only posts are fine, but there is a post limit on including URLs and whatnot, because we have had problems with spammers in the past.

Here are some useful notes from ashspet, who will probably be along later after feeding the horses.

:welcome: to FinalGear!

Some simple things to help you get started. Please note the location of the FAQ and Forum Rules. A quick read of those will mean you are less likely to be removed before you even get started. That could be an understatement, but might at least save you from some of the more irritating gaffes that will induce the ire of others. Well, most others anyway. Might also save you being banned :razz: Random posting and thread creating just to increase post counts will be :mad: upon.

If you're having issues with the forums (ie the message boards), and have read the FAQ, check here first. It may have already been reported. Issues with the site (FinalGear.com) go here. Don't confuse the two, or the man who-shall-not-be-named will get all cranky.

Not-a-dudes, for a pink username, go here. Be prepared, there are some lovely persons of the male persuasion who enjoy welcoming the new girls on the block. Posting your pic in here will also draw attention. So be prepared. Apparently some of the guys have never seen a girl before. :lmao:

To edit your profile, go here.

For posting your cars, please read the rules first. Claiming ownership of what isn't yours is punishable. By flogging and then death. Then exposure to sunlight. And eviction. And whatever else can be dreamt up.

Also, don't forget the search function before posting or creating new threads. And please think before bumping really old threads! Necro-ing threads usually gets you nothing but red blobbies, aka rep. And no, don't ask about rep. Use the search function.

There is an IRC channel. Put on some thick skin before you venture there first though. And armour. Maybe some mace too. It's dog eat n00b in there. But we can play nice. Sometimes. When we're asleep.

- ashspet

and valn - any Zondas found roaming around here are mine. ;) Just sayin'

:)

Here are some useful notes from ashspet, who will probably be along later after feeding the horses.

Yes, feeding, unless you're viper, who seemingly cannot read :p

:welcome: one and all

Calabria

Calabria

I thought I might as well introduce myself. I did make a thread a long time ago...in 2009 ...something about a racing rig and got an email saying it's been replied to. Yuppie.

Canadian
Studying accounting full time - photography and digital media part time
Only started caring about cars and motor sports in general when I got my first car (i.e. paid with own blood and sweat and tears and monies) - a brand new 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i. Not much car...but now I'm growing to dislike it a lot cause its a slush box. Waiting to save up for an STI. :lol:

Love Top Gear - the only Top Gear that property exists is TG UK. The rest is rubbish.

Hi.

New Finn introducing himself. I'm 27, I've been coming to the site for a long time, never registered untill now. Figured it could be time to stop lurking.
I've been in to cars for as long as I can remember, I own 2 cars(or hondas, still fairly close :D). Over the years I've had a good number of cars, ranging from Fiats to VWs and even a volvo!

Long time user of this superb site and a huge fan of TG since season 5, can't count the number of times Ive watched every episode haha. Finally decided to register, just stopping by to say hi

Hello, Andrew here from Denver, in the United States!

Been interested in Top Gear since the time I could drive... mostly thanks to my uncle and cousin in the UK.

I'm studying Computer Science & Engineering, I'm 23 and I have the wonderful opportunity to drive a Buick on a daily basis thanks to my parents contribution to my well-being while I finish my undergraduate degree. I also have a Dodge Durango, which I don't get to drive regularly because it's a gas guzzler and I'm a heavy foot, and every time I go offroading I end up breaking the power steering :mrgreen:

If I had a choice of what I drove, it would probably be a wrx, a gto, or an el camino. i've always been interested in modifying cars, and unfortunately due to budgeting it's never extended past electrical, lighting, or air intake modifications.

my favorite drink is petrol. (not really, please don't huff it!)

Last edited:
Hello, I'm Harpy.
I've been keeping an eye on this site for a few months, and have finally got around to joining :)
I'm not particually computer wise, and haven't really been a part of any other forums, but you guys all seem really nice, so hopefully I'll have fun here.
See ya round!

Hello, I'm new here but not new to the site because I've been lurking this forum as a guest since the beginning of season 9 or 10 of Top Gear. I never bothered to sign up until now.
I'm an absolute petrolhead and love cars since I was a child but ironically, I don't have a car yet.
I'm just stopping here to say hi :)

Hi, I'm sacco, 21, University student, writing from Italy.
Since i was a kid I've always been obsessed by cars, then, in late 2008, i discovered Top Gear when my family got pay-tv, i liked it so much that in less than a month i watched all Episodes, DVDs and Specials i could find on the Interweb...
Almost two years passed since i first discovered this forum, used to look at the news but now i decided to register since it's full of people that love and know cars, not as a simple medium to move some stuff from A to B, but as a passion.
I hope to have introduced myself properly...

Hi, I'm Janet, I'm from the USA. How did I get here? Let's see, I watched a random video that happened to be QI, got hooked on that, watched an episode with Clarkson on it, Googled him to see who he was and why his buzzer was a crashing car, and have been watching Top Gear UK on YouTube, Netflix, or Watch Series ever since.

I don't know all that much about cars, but I know what I like. I've actually learned a lot about cars from watching Top Gear (mostly European cars, unfortunate since I live in the US). I still can't tell a Ford from a Chevy, but I do know that in my next life I'm coming back rich and buying a Zonda :mrgreen:

My favorite toys when growing up were Hot Wheels and my bike. Odd for a girl of my decade :rolleyes: My first car, a gift from my then fiance, was a canary yellow Camaro, pre-1979. My first brand new vehicle was a 1984 Jeep. My current car is a used Chrysler Concorde.

I just realised that I've made two accounts for this site. I never thought that I had made another one in 2009.
There are 2 accounts one is "Vortex_Blast" made this year, the other is "VortexBlast" without the underscore made in 2009.
I don't know if this is the right place to put it but can an Admin or Moderator delete or close my first account? The one made in 2009 and doesn't have an underscore in it.

I'm Seth, 24, a University student, and I was first introduced to the site some time ago, though I've mostly chosen to lurk until now. Was introduced to Top Gear UK several years ago, when I was informed that the smoke grenades did indeed fit into the cup holders of a green Ford Fiesta. Loved the show ever since.

My current car is a 2000 Buick Century, which was mostly purchased because it was affordable and immediately available after my previous car died after a sudden catastrophic breakdown of the transmission last year.

Last edited:
I'm Aria. I'm a grad student who works part-time as a librarian. My friends introduced me to Top Gear UK a few months ago and I've been addicted ever since. My current car is an old 1991 Porsche 911. I bought it used 5 years ago and it is love.

I'm Aria. I'm a grad student who works part-time as a librarian. My friends introduced me to Top Gear UK a few months ago and I've been addicted ever since. My current car is an old 1991 Porsche 911. I bought it used 5 years ago and it is love.

Hello!! :may:

Hi there,

Random guy from France.
I'm interested by top gear and F1 GP.

I may have some interests for you because I have a nice connection (100/100 fiber) and tons of car stuff on it. I may open an FTPS server.