Which photo hosting service should we use?

zephir

Hello,

Sorry if this question has already been posted ; a quick search didn't bring me any good answer.

There are tons of service for photo hosting. Which is the best for forums?

i use photobucket.com and it works just fine for me

I didn't know PhyreFile was especially designed for FinalGear! That's great! Thank you ;)

BTW is it a personnal script or can I download it somewhere for my own usage?

I love Phyrefile but I wish it could resize photos. It's annoying resizing manually when your only other options are a huge photo or a tiny thumbnail. For the Lens Flair thread I link from my flickr account and use the 640x400 size since it's big enough to properly represent the photo without overwhelming bandwidth.

I love Phyrefile but I wish it could resize photos. It's annoying resizing manually when your only other options are a huge photo or a tiny thumbnail. For the Lens Flair thread I link from my flickr account and use the 640x400 size since it's big enough to properly represent the photo without overwhelming bandwidth.

If you use photomajig you can upload the image, resize it, and either directly upload to phyrefile or save it on your desktop and upload it separately to PF.

I didn't know about PhotoMajig, despite Ice having a link for several years. I've only just 'got' the name, assumed 'Majig' was a Slovenian word. For magic. :| You learn something new every day...

Anyway, I've come around to Phrefile now after years of using Imgur. I got to the point where I didn't feel that my photos were safe using these other services. The upload procedure still trips me up though. As far as resizing, I do it all myself in PS. I never put full resolution files up unless I have to. :)

I'm thinking of rewriting some of the back-end of Photomajig (the name is a pun on thingamajig), since webupload got broken ages ago. The transloader works just fine. I'll remove the webupload link and add one to the tranloader.

Really need to implement more features on phyrefile.. album-ize photos, resizing.. any other ideas?

Groups by upload date, searching (tags would be useful at this point), hash checking to prevent duplicates.

If you use photomajig you can upload the image, resize it, and either directly upload to phyrefile or save it on your desktop and upload it separately to PF.

What is this sorcery?

I use pixlr for my resizing, then save to w/e online service they use and transload to phyrefile

What is this sorcery?

It's a website that ice made and had advertised for a while. Whenever I wasn't on something that had photoshop and was reasonably fast I used photomajig. It helped a lot with uploading pics directly from the cellphone. The direct upload to phyrefile may or may not be working, I just copy the URL and paste it in on phyrefile's upload thing (if on windows).

Really need to implement more features on phyrefile.. album-ize photos, resizing.. any other ideas?

I don't know how much people crop once they upload, I assume it's more of an offline procedure, but if it's child's play to add that as a feature then there's one more for ya.

Albums in the style of Flickr's 'sets' would be brilliant, flicking through pages of my images is a tad tedious.

We need profile management on Phyrefile, or at least the ability to change our password.