24h Green Hell 2011 - 23-26th June 2011

My friend just bought tickets to us and we'll be invading the ring in Friday. Can't wait!

I'm probably also practicing how to watch racing in the 'ring on VLN race next weekend. :)

Does anyone know of a site where I can get an HD live stream?

German TV coverage:

TV-Sendungen am Donnerstag, 23. Juni

12:15 - 13:00
Motorsport: 24-Stunden-Rennen auf dem N?rburgring
SPORT1/SPORT1+

16:00 - 19:15
SPORT1/SPORT1+

20:15 - 23:50
SPORT1

21:30 - 23:50
SPORT1+

03:05 - 07:05
SPORT1+

TV-Sendungen am Freitag, 24. Juni

07:05 - 09:05
SPORT1+

11:35 - 12:55
SPORT1

12:00 - 12:55
SPORT1+

16:00 - 19:00
SPORT1+

17:00 - 19:00
SPORT1

21:00 - 21:45
SPORT1

21:30 - 21:45
SPORT1+

TV-Sendungen am Samstag, 25. Juni

15:45 - 18:15
SPORT1/SPORT1+

19:15 - 21:00
SPORT1/SPORT1+

21:00 - 21:30
Porsche Carrera Cup
SPORT1

21:30 - 23:00
SPORT1/SPORT1+

TV-Sendungen am Sonntag, 26. Juni

07:00 - 09:00
SPORT1/SPORT1+

11:00 - 16:45

SPORT1/SPORT1+

21:50 - 22:35
SPORT1+

22:30 - 23:30
SPORT1

As well available on http://www.Zattoo.com for Germans
Dunno if this works outside Germany: http://tv.sport1.de/player/player.php?id=s279588&ref=player

Last year the organization had their own stream, I expect that to be the case this year as well, so there should be plenty of ways to follow this on the internet!

Yes. They thought it would be a wise move to rename it. Why, I have no clue.

Whatever the name may be, during the phase of the race that I enjoy the most, they will spend a full 8 hours without broadcasting anything about the race, and instead they will show us ugly women with giant breasts.

So Le Mans didn't really work out for me since I got my paycheck to late and the train tickets were insanely expensive by then. Therefore I'm really making a push to go to the Nurburgring 24h. I have lots of questions so please bear with me...

What day is best to show up? Thursday is a holiday and I'll be taking Friday off, but I don't want to show up too early and not know anyone and waste more money than needed on food, etc.
How is the accommodation? Do we have to rent a camping spot or just show up with a tent and sleeping bag?
What's a good time to leave on Sunday? I would've liked the 16:00 route since it doesn't have any transfers from the Nurburgring to Nuremberg but that seems too close to the end of the race and I will probably miss it.
Will not knowing German be a big problem? I doubt it would be considering there are so many tourists there year-round.
Lastly, none of my friends here are interested in motorsport so I'll be going alone. Are any Finalgear members going that would like to meet up there? Is anyone from the Nuremberg area going?

Thanks for the help and sorry if I'm hijacking the thread...

Im Auftrag des ADAC Nordrhein e.V. ist die WIGE Int?l TV-Marketing GmbH f?r die TV-Vermarktung und Lizenzierung des ADAC Zurich 24h-Rennen N?rburgring verantwortlich. Aus diesem Grund m?ssen s?mtliche Drehvorhaben - auch solche zur rein internen Dokumentation - durch einen entsprechenden Drehlizenzvertrag legitimiert, und s?mtliche verwendeten Kameras durch entsprechende Lizenzaufkleber gekennzeichnet werden.

Alle eingebauten Onboard-Kameras ben?tigen f?r die Teilnahme an den Rahmenrennen einen offiziellen Kamerasticker, damit die technische Abnahme erfolgen kann. F?r die Erteilung einer Drehlizenz von Onboard-Kameras schicken Sie bitte ihre Anfrage (Download) bis sp?testens 15. Juni 2011 an WIGE TV-Marketing (tv-marketing@wige.de) oder laden sich den entsprechenden Drehlizenzvertrag herunter, den Sie bis sp?testens 17. Juni an die folgende Faxnummer unterschrieben zur?ck faxen sollten: +49 221 78877 539.

Die H?he der Drehlizenz richtet sich nach dem Verwendungszweck. F?r rein interne Zwecke (bspw. Datensicherungen) ohne den Ver?ffentlichungswunsch (bspw. youtube, Homepage) keine Lizenzen anfallen.

Fuck you, WIGE (who secured all TV footage and media contracts), fuck you very very much.

In short: all in car footage needs to be licensed, it is free for backups or internal use but when you want to publish it on youtube or your homepage you have to pay up. Some teams inquired, if you want to put it on your homepage it starts at ........ 350?. Fuck this.

As well, new Balance of Performance out: http://adac.24h-rennen.de/uploads/media/BOP_24_h_23-26_05_2011-3_Final.pdf

OH, look, the R8 LMS had the biggest tank and most HP and biggest restrictors. Now, a shame if someone connects this with Audi being the main sponsor. Bah. I hope they all blow their engines up, and I am a vivid Audi fanboy in everything but this race!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else notice that THE Johnny O'Connell is racing in a SP3 Renault Clio III?

Yup. I was wondering how he got dispensation considering that he's never raced on the Nordschleife before, but Radio Le Mans made the point yesterday evening that he is a GM development driver for road cars and did tons of laps in road car prototypes.

Apparently it's his first race in a FWD car.

As for the car dropped off the trailer, that one isn't for the main event, it's for the Porsche World Cup.

Last edited:
First times coming in as track dries off, the P4/5 manages to hold the 458s and Lambos behind him, the BMWs are going quite strong too.....then again, first training, I expect a lot of sandbagging.