Codemasters' F1 2011

I know, that's where I got the idea. But I wanna run it on F1 circuits not Laguna Seca or Lime Rock.

Spa? Silverstone? Brands Hatch? Indy? Zanvoort? Watkins Classic? (I think they ran there once?) Mosport had F1 too? Suzuka and Interlagos are coming soon ish (could be years by iRacing standards to be fair)

The 79 runs great on most tracks. More suited to the old school tracks though. Modern tracks I don't think it is so much fun.

I just hope F1 2011 doesn't have all the bugs on release. I got bored of 2010 pretty quickly because of those bugs.

they have talked about putting some classic cars into the game or as DLC. They will be releasing the first Dev Diary towards the end of this week apparently

really? i remember them saying that they can't because of their license limitations with the Formula 1 Management (FOM). They can only include 2011 cars and tracks.

Dev Diary is up on Gamespot UK's start/select video

[video=youtube;x7amu79-4JQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7amu79-4JQ[/video]

Last edited:
And that is why i will never pay for a codemasters product again...

they made it very clear that 2010 was almost just a beta so they could focus on 2011. you need to lighten up.

The Pit strat really screws me over in this game, I wonder if its better when you play online...

i have had no issues with online anything except shitty drivers, its a blast to play when your actually competing against real drivers. even better when you win based on your strategy. i pit in when the track started drying out in Spa and ended up moving from 8th to 2nd because everyone else either stayed out or took more inters. im addicted to it online.

That dev video basically said, yeah we know 2010 was garbage.

And that is exactly why I will most certainly not buy 2011. If they admit that 2010 was so shitty and say that they didn't bother to fix it because they focused on 2011, then they should do something like discounting 2011 for owners of the first game.
That would be a proper way to deal with this, and not saying "oh yeah, first game was shit and we did jack shit about it - but we only did that so that you would have to pay us again to get a proper game!". <_<

Last edited:
And that is exactly why I will most certainly not buy 2011. If they admit that 2010 was so shitty and say that they didn't bother to fix it because they focused on 2011, then they should do something like discounting 2011 for owners of the first game.
That would be a proper way to deal with this, and not saying "oh yeah, first game was shit and we did jack shit about it - but we only did that so that you would have to pay us again to get a proper game!". <_<

thats just lame. find me a first year game that wasnt shit compared to the rest of the series. They did just fine with 2010, the only thing is it could have been better and so 2011 will be important. It will be fine

The team co-op is a great idea. However... "sik, pullover i'm faster than you." :p

you need to get 2010 on ps3 so we can race Aston Martin (by the way, i have a new PS3 Account so add me "Sik-Pony" ) the online is alot of fun. recently been hearing from people who are preferring it to GT5 lately

thats just lame. find me a first year game that wasnt shit compared to the rest of the series.

I already paid for one game, I'm not going to pay twice just to get what I had originally been promised.

I already paid for one game, I'm not going to pay twice just to get what I had originally been promised.

you got exactly what they said you would. its your fault you didnt research what you were buying first. they made this known almost from day 1. so, continue to blame them and im sorry but you will miss out on a great game for 2011

you need to get 2010 on ps3 so we can race Aston Martin (by the way, i have a new PS3 Account so add me "Sik-Pony" ) the online is alot of fun. recently been hearing from people who are preferring it to GT5 lately

I'll wait for 2011 and added.

you got exactly what they said you would. its your fault you didnt research what you were buying first. they made this known almost from day 1.

I didn't realise that they announced that the fuel simulation would be completely broken, for example. You're right, if I had known about that and all the other issues previously I wouldn't have bought the game at all.

If that didn't matter to you and you have enough cash to blow on 2011, good for you. For me, I already wasted 50 bucks on 2010, and that's not a trivial ammount for me. So I'm not going to spend that money again when I feel I've been burned like that by the previous game.

The Pit strat really screws me over in this game, I wonder if its better when you play online...

It's better if you do longer races. I'm doing career mode with 20% distance races and I don't think I've had a lollipop time under 15 seconds.

Did a 50% distance race in a single race mode, pitted fairly early and my lollipop time was under 5 seconds. Frustrating because I just did the 2010 Turkey race in career mode and missed out on a podium 3 seconds behind Alonso and my lollipop time was 21 seconds because of pit traffic.

I think the 2010 game suffered from unrealism when you didn't have tire wear and stuff on, I was winning Vettel style in a Force india; aka barely pushing and going fast as hell.