24h Green Hell 2011 - 23-26th June 2011

Marc Lieb is flying, 8:46! Very impressive. Great race so far

Manthey has pulled the R from the race because "they just wanted to see which car works better". wtf??

Ah, and sport1 has apparently decided to show some F1. And as much as I usually enjoy watching that, it?s nowhere near as interesting as N24. Great...

That P4/5 or whatever it's called sounds brutal, even if he's just limping back to the pits...

Just got home from New York, currently about midnight here and I'm still wide awake (yay jet lag). Perfect chance to follow the race through the night then :p.

Seems to be an interesting race going on though.

I rather wish the live stream showed something besides the pit lane. Is it just too dark for track footage or is the camera crew on break?

Local time is 11pm, all you would see is the headlight beams.

I rather wish the live stream showed something besides the pit lane. Is it just too dark for track footage or is the camera crew on break?

Their (ie Sport1) excuse is: All the camera footage has to be relayed via helicopter because the track is so big and there?s hills everywhere. So at night they can?t show us anything cool because the chopper can?t fly.

Be that as it may. My question to Sport1 would be: Wrestling? Seriously??

Just lay a long fibreoptic cable around the track? Must be cheaper and more reliable than keeping helis up constantly.

First the lead changed regularly because of the Pitstops, then the lead BMW crashed lightly and spun, after that the then leading Farnbacher Ferrari had a suspension failure and the Hybrid Porsche had gearbox trouble. After that only the Mercs were left without major problems.

Now near Hohe Acht: three guys, one Pug.

Hopefully saving money and sleeping in a car wasn't epic fail :)

I could be wrong, but I believe they actually turn the cameras off at night, there are a few static cameras and the onboards of the cars, but since it's so dark, it's virtually useless to show anything because of how dark it is.

In other news, #107 BMW 1 series= best livery ever.

what happened with the P4/5? i see it's 9 laps down?

earlier i saw them repairing a wheelwell, so i guess they had a blown tire? did it cause more damage than superficial?

PS: is that martin brundle on radio lemans?

I could be wrong, but I believe they actually turn the cameras off at night, there are a few static cameras and the onboards of the cars, but since it's so dark, it's virtually useless to show anything because of how dark it is.

In other news, #107 BMW 1 series= best livery ever.
Le Mans broadcasts work well at night. N24 would too with onboard shots and manned cameras. At least this year it's not a completely static camera at the pit termination for six straight hours.

Last edited: