2011 Formula 1 European Grand Prix

It only allows minor fine-tune adjustments

Wouldn't you still be able to modify engine settings through the knob on the wheel?

Engine settings yes, engine mapping no. They're totally different.

Wouldn't you still be able to modify engine settings through the knob on the wheel?

they can make small changes to the current program. before they used a completely different program for quali and race. and programs can't be changed from the steeringwheel, the FIA is monitoring the SECU to prevent anyone from doing so...

they were given the option to change the program during the first pit stop, by connecting a laptop to the car, but quite understandably, no one went for this option :lol:

Last edited:
Pretty sedate start there.

Brundle said:
"...and Alonso just can't seem to get his starts right..."
wat

Nice pass by Jenson there.

Last edited:
Vettel snooze-fest

Lol-wut

Vettel being excited at that win? It was fucking boring from start to finish.

Alonso doing good again :) Taking on Red Bull and beating atleast one...I have a good feeling for Silverstone. :p

Lol @ Algesuari being drive of the day... Oh dear :rolleyes:

Lol-wut

I think it was a bit of a middle-finger to those who thought the secret to Red Bull pace was the engine mapping.

Alonso doing good again :) Taking on Red Bull and beating atleast one...I have a good feeling for Silverstone. :p
Still wasn't enough to make me enjoy the race :(

I don't see any way that Ferrari can take the championship. Button had the best chance and he's getting farther and farther behind. Honestly, this is really disappointing. Only two strong overtakes this race and no outs. All 24 cars finished. Not that I want them to wreck, but issues make things more interesting.

Like others said, not sure why Vettel is so interested in this win. The triple is nice, but it's not the first time he's done it by far. Although, did he ever drop out of first? Maybe just for a bit at his first pit stop?

Last edited:
Lol-wut

It was a lot closer than it looked at the end. Towards the middle of the race, Alonso was breathing down his neck and running the better lap times. The reason for the big margin at the end is, that the Ferrari doesn't seem to work on any sort of harder tires.

What a bore-fest! Vettel is slightly annoying, I completely agree what the hell was he excited at? He obviously had more pace and his tyre degragation was better so he always had something in the bag and increased the gap whenever someone got a bit close. Good race from Alonso though in inferior equipment.
I was also thinking about Petrov and I dont know how exactly he gets away with no penalties. He's so erratic behind the wheel. His incident with Schumacher was identical to the one in Turkey. Schumacher had the inside line and Petrov was coming from behind so surely he saw him and to drive over his front wing is disgusting that it went unpunished. He almost did the same thing with Kobyashi later in the race. He always brakes later than his car is capable of and in the process is very dangerous.

I'd say "Dullest race I've ever watched", but I saw the previous Valencia races so that may not be true.

His incident with Schumacher was identical to the one in Turkey. Schumacher had the inside line and Petrov was coming from behind so surely he saw him and to drive over his front wing is disgusting that it went unpunished..

Schumacher disagrees. He locked his front wheels just before the apex and slid wide into Petrov. Schumi said as much and accepted responsibility in the post-race interview.

Last edited:
Really? Suprised by that! I thought since he had the inside line he had a good case, but if he says so then I guess thats what happened lol