Random Thoughts....

Girl on the customer service line is amazingly chipper.

Whether you can live on $10 an hour is completely dependent on where you are. For the sake of reference I once lived in a gigantic one-bedroom apartment with all utilities, central AC, and off-street parking for $475 a month, but this was in a small town in North Carolina. Around here, you'd have to pay around three to four times that amount for the same amenities.

I bet call center employees get high before they come into work and at breaks. How else could they stand the bull shit that gets said to them?

By joking about it to our co-workers. (You wouldn't believe the customer I just had!)

The mute button does come into play, too. If you're talking to someone at a call center and the line is muted for a second or two, either he/she is coughing/sneezing or calling you a fucking idiot.

I bet call center employees get high before they come into work and at breaks. How else could they stand the bull shit that gets said to them?

By joking about it to our co-workers. (You wouldn't believe the customer I just had!)

The mute button does come into play, too. If you're talking to someone at a call center and the line is muted for a second or two, either he/she is coughing/sneezing or calling you a fucking idiot.

Pretty much. Also, at least in my case and relevant to the discussion above, the pay. I don't have a degree (yet) and went into this job with zero experience, but I nearly doubled the pay from my last job in retail.

Whether you can live on $10 an hour is completely dependent on where you are. For the sake of reference I once lived in a gigantic one-bedroom apartment with all utilities, central AC, and off-street parking for $475 a month, but this was in a small town in North Carolina. Around here, you'd have to pay around three to four times that amount for the same amenities.

shits expensive here :/

I'm about to buy a 2 bedroom appt with off street parking - $712 a week loan repayment....

I can do that in a Nashville suburb, so I'm never far away from things someone would actually want to do. :p

Now you tell me. I had an opportunity to follow my job to Nashville but I turned it down to be with my family in New England! :censored:

Oh a week.... never mind, read that as per month.

I'm considering a similar plan. Buy a place in Adelaide and pay off as much as I can afford each week. Knock off the loan as quick as possible. Probably rent it out and make some back while I stay in NSW for the foreseeable future. Would need to scrape a deposit together first though.

Last edited: