JipJopJones' Jeep

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
For those of you following this thread, you'll know that I was looking into getting a new car.

Well, here it is! My 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon!

I've had it for 4 days now, and I'm really happy with it. I've already taken it out into the bush and put it through it's paces. Although I will admit I babied it a bit because I didn't want to scratch or damage it.

The 4:1 transfer case is amazing, and although I have yet to try out the front locker, I did use the rear locker and the swaybar disconnect, and I can truthfully say this is going to be one VERY capable truck.

I'll post some pictures of the adventure when I get them from my friend.

Also, satellite radio is a dream for 4x4ing.

As for proof, well, there it is parked next to my Caballero. If that's not enough, just let me know. Also, I rinsed it off after the trip, it was much dirtier before this. :mrgreen:

I knew it. I knew you were going to do it. :lol:

Congrats. I hope you're going to be happy with it. I've seen some rather badass Rubicons around here. I think the modified lifted 4 door models have a certain Hummer like quality to them. They're pretty big beasts, all things considered.

haha, thanks! The power of the mustang was tempting, but the lure of the Jeep was more.

I'm assuming the $4000 price tag on that does not include the Hemi motor itself? Otherwise that's a killer deal.

I think first on the list of modifications is a new front bumper + winch. That won't be for quite a while though.

Love it. Nice to know it will be in good hands.

As for the conversion kit, find a wreaked R/T something. It can be cheaper to buy a whole wreaked car than looking for the engine itself.

Last edited:
Love it. Nice to know it will be in good hands.

As for the conversion kit, find a wreaked R/T something. It can be cheaper to buy a whole wreaked car than looking for the engine itself.

Honestly, I was thinking about how cool a 4cyl turbo diesel swap would be. I'm going to look into it. Obviously I'll wait for the warranty to be up first though.

No problem with that. It's just good to know you will have the option. I suspect you won't be selling this one anytime soon. :p

Nice! Have fun. :)

I think the modified lifted 4 door models have a certain [foul language] like quality to them. They're pretty big beasts, all things considered.
Surprisingly they're not at all small. My friend's JK on 37's makes my Grand look like a toy truck.

Congrats JJJ, enjoy.

BTW, I noticed that there are no RUBICON stickers on the sides of the hood. Is that an option or a Canadian thing or something? :p

I personally like the stickers, reminds me of the old Renegades.

Haha, I was actually trying to avoid that question. :lol:

If you notice the matte black hood decal and the dark grey rims, not standard on a normal Rubicon. It's actually a "Call of Duty" edition Rubicon.

The reason I got this one was because it was the only 2dr Rubicon on the lot with a manual transmission, plus I kinda like the way it looks with the darker rims. I just wish it didn't have "Call of Duty" written on the side of it. I don't even play Call of Duty... <_<

I do like the Rubicon stickers actually, and when I go to the dealer tomorrow to get my iPod hookup fixed (no I haven't broken my new car, it just needs a software update because my iPod is so old) I'm going to ask if they can take off the COD stickers and put on Rubicon ones.

Surprisingly they're not at all small. My friend's JK on 37's makes my Grand look like a toy truck.

Congrats JJJ, enjoy.

Thanks, my dad was actually quite keen on the 4dr because it seats 5 and has more luggage space, but it was just too big IMO, so I went for the 2dr.

Last edited:
So that's what that badge is. I was wondering. :lol:

I agree though, it's a good looking model. The gunmetal rims and mudders suit it perfectly. Needs new bumpers though. The big plastic things have never looked quite right to me. Some beefy Warn bumpers would look great.

Yah, I agree, new bumpers are first on the list.

Nice! My nephew has a black JK Rubicon (Not a CoD edition, though.) and he loves it.

I am sure you are going to have a *lot* of fun with it.

Haha, I was actually trying to avoid that question. :lol:

If you notice the matte black hood decal and the dark grey rims, not standard on a normal Rubicon. It's actually a "Call of Duty" edition Rubicon.

It could have been worse.

And the black matte decal might be worth keeping for eye protection during the two days of clear skies here.

Last edited: