2011 Endurance Racing Thread

Nous savons ce que le tsunami et le tremblement de terre a eu comme cons?quence au Japon. Ces ?v?nements ont incit? Honda ? prendre du recul, ce que nous respectons.

what exactly did honda decide? they did participate in motoGP...

so the earthquake and tsunami were just an excuse... :thumbsdown:

And that was in addition to the fact that the team itself couldn't find sponsors; most motorsport sponsorship in the USA is gravitating towards Nascar, with scraps left for IndyCar and scraps of scraps left for everyone else (i.e. ALMS).

NOOO!!
I wanted to see Highcroft at Le Mans, they were so good at Sebring it would have been nice to see what they had been able to pull off at Le Mans.

I really can't wait for Le Mans this year, last year was the first time I properly watched it and it was so much fun, this year should even be closer and more fun, just bring it already!

Wonder if Brabs will find a seat anywhere else?

Unfortunately no, the ACO has just released a full entry list (with all drivers in all cars) and neither Brabs nor Marino are in any of the cars. Matthieu Lahaye has been replaced by Tiago Monteiro, the last LMP2 seat was filled by Jan Charouz, the third Quifel ASM seat was always meant for Warren Hughes, and the only remaining GT seats were in Porsches and reserved either for gentlemen drivers or factory Porsche drivers.

EDIT: And here is the entry list: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers...ans/reglements/2011-engages-24h-auto-2011.pdf

Surprising addition in the third Prospeed seat, Jaap van Lagen as fas as I know hasn't raced at Le Mans before and hasn't driven in the test day. I suspect though that the ACO might give him dispensation to do his 10 laps in Wednesday's first session.

Last edited:
Wow, I just noticed it's only two weeks to go until Le Mans. Maybe a separate race thread would be in order like last year? (I can't be arsed :p)

To be pedantic they are not tryingto get an entry for Le Mans, they have an invitation from ACO so if they get a car that ACO is happy with they are in.

I read about this on SpeedTV website this morning and damn nearly fell off my chair. I knew there were some plans for the Delta Wing but this is something I did not expect at all. And since they have the ACO invite and big players from the more sensible end of the racing world (Highcroft, Don Panoz, Dan Gurney...) I can't really see any catch on this either and can only assume that they are actually serious about this.

The car might not be the best looking thing ever but I think this sort of stuff is great. Good on ACO for cooperating with this...

Last edited:
Huge crash in today's Grand-Am race at Road America.

The Camaro driver walked away from the accident, but the RX-8 driver had to be stretchered away. He's at the local hospital now but initial reports are that he's awake and alert.

Reports are saying the Camaro was going about 160 mph at the time he hit the Mazda.

Last edited:
Gunter's on board camera

photos
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/photos-grand-am-road-america-race-gallery/

scaled.php

Last edited:
Gunter's on board camera

that's a boring engine! 160 mph and 0 rpm? :lol:
and he's going straight, yet he's pulling 0.8 sideways Gs?

but what happened? looks like he just forgot to brake? he didn't even swerve to avoid the scirocco?