The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Nice shots of the Dragonfly, one of my favorite aircraft.

I have a new wallpaper, thanks.

Sitting side by side as if in a car should be fun... haha.

260510_2040676649781_1030243951_32369356_6299910_n.jpg

you jackass...

this is a pic from my friend's cockpit. he's in iraq flying ea-18's.

I have a question for all you aviation nerds - Are the legacy Hornets (F/A-18 A/B) capable of carrying the AGM158? I know the E/F variants can, but IIRC the A/B or C/D variants can't without modification.

Last edited:
Daily Telegraph -
BA pilot 'threw mobile phone from aircraft cockpit window' just moments before take off

Daily Telegraph said:
A British Airways captain has been questioned by police after allegedly throwing a mobile phone from his cockpit window just moments before take-off.

The incident on Friday evening led to the jet being grounded as the pilot and his crew were removed.

Airline sources say the pilot became annoyed after being told he had to return to the airport gate to hand in the mobile.

And in an attempt to take off as quickly as possible, he simply chucked the phone out of the cockpit window.

But airport officials refused to let the aircraft leave Edinburgh Airport for Gatwick and his actions had the opposite effect ? delaying the flight by three hours.

The pilot is now facing an investigation by the airline and possible disciplinary action.

more on link

Naughty pilot breaking air nav. laws & regulations,
still I LOL'd. :lol:

Pilots are not allowed to fly with cell phones?????

Pilots are not allowed to fly with cell phones?????

They found the phone on the plane, no passenger claimed it. The airport people asked the pilot to return to the gate to drop it off. Pilot asked to drop it out of the window and have ground crew retrieve it. Tower denies. Pilot drops anyways, ie disobeys direct orders by the tower.

i8Qmc.jpg

IT'S. SO. SHINY.

Last edited:

One of my favorites as well. I remember being really surprised by how small it is the first time I saw one up close and in person. If I ever get crazy rich, I'm getting one and keeping it in my garage!

Who likes curves?

Su-27_05.jpg

Su-27_Blue_09.jpg