Spied: Buick Regal wagon...with a turbo!

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2023 Mazda CX-5 Premium
01-buick-regal-wagon-spy-shots630opt.jpg

Autoblog said:
One year ago, a Buick Regal wagon was deemed "unlikely." However, General Motors is reportedly looking to expand the Regal lineup, not just with a rumored coupe, but with the estate seen here. Sources within GM say that the Regal wagon could debut as early as the end of this year, making it a 2012 model year vehicle.

In addition to these live photos (note the "turbo" script on its rump), our spies are offering up a rendering of what the production version of the Regal Wagon could look like, complete with the larger 19-inch wheels from the Regal Turbo sedan. If produced, the Regal wagon would aim squarely at the recently introduced Acura TSX Sport Wagon.

If the Regal wagon is indeed set to debut this year, the Los Angeles Auto Show is probably a safe bet. We'll keep our ears to the ground for more details in the coming months.

I think this looks better than the sedan! Hopefully it makes it to production..and more importantly, into American driveways.

So now that GM has ditched Saab, maker of turbocharged FWD cars and wagons, it's making turbocharged FWD cars and wagons under the Buick name. Well, okay.

:dunno: you can get seven different turbocharged engines for the Insignia Sports Tourer. Also available with AWD.

My parents' test drove a new Regal not too long ago. I think it looked very good, along with pretty much everything else. Wish they would have bought that car. :/

This one might interest my mom though, since she doesn't want to spend a ton on the CTS wagon.

:dunno: you can get seven different turbocharged engines for the Insignia Sports Tourer. Also available with AWD.

Here you can only get one and without AWD...that and we haven't got the Wagon yet. :)

Here you can only get one and without AWD...that and we haven't got the Wagon yet. :)

I'm just flabbergasted by how people can go look for spy shots / renders of the Regalignia when all you need to do is take the Opel and slap a new badge on it in Photoshop.

Also, this.

It's not a matter of wondering what the shape will be, but whether or not it's coming to the US.

Why'd they make that orange rendering/illustration then?

Is that something in the video clip you posted? Youtube is blocked at my work so I can't see it.

Is that something in the video clip you posted? Youtube is blocked at my work so I can't see it.

In the article, AutoBlog said that the spies also decided to make a render of what it could look like (the orange image) for some reason. Narf's right, that is kinda pointless.

Wow, ok, yeah it is pointless. Must've been a slow day for their rendering team.

Also, I think the Opel version of the Opel looks better than the (rendered) Buick version of the Opel. Obviously, sort of.

The video is just someone firing up the 2.8 V6 turbo in the Insignia and listening to the exhaust. Felt relevant to this thread :nod:

Also, Opel will sell you a derestricted version of that. Must be fun to see all the Mercs, Beemers and Cocks hit the electronic buffers while you sail past in your family estate :lol:

Last edited:
Can't blame them, they too want to sell a good car once.

One of my goals is to get my hands on an Saturn Astra (no the Cruze isn't good enough although they're the same underneath) just so I could see my car's last "decendent" even if it is indirect! :p

Would that be the H or J Opel Astra?

H astra: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Astra#Saturn_Astra

The Cruze and upcoming Buick Verano (which is based on the J Astra) is it's de facto successor here, but it's just not the same..IMO the Astra had a better interior and a better overall look on the outside.

Finally, Saturn had a car that even enthusiasts could consider good,(Astra replaced the Ion-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Ion which had Astra underpinnings) but they were hobbled by exchange rate issues pricing the car a bit high for Saturn regulars.

Last edited: