[17x01] June 26th, 2011

[17x01] June 26th, 2011

• Total voters
In the unlikely case that anyone from TG stumbles upon this post, I'd like say THANK YOU! (yes, all-caps and perhaps a bit of icing on the top)

The Marauder road test was perfect cocking about while it didn't feel like one of those cringe-worthy "who can make the biggest mess of himself" challenges. And while the destruction of an Alfa Romeo is of course a mortal sin, it was all saved by blowing up a Hummer H3. :lmao:

Last edited:
Well this was refreshing, honestly thought top gear had flushed themselves down the toilet at this point but this was a great episode, best in a long time. Nothing staged to the cringe point, and I actually laughed a few times. :)

Not sure if this has been posted already: nice video from the TopGear website!

[video]http://bcove.me/wxvgyhly[/video]

Amy having a nice quiet chat to James as Jezza is not around. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, I had no idea it was there. I've bookmarked this site to go straight to the TopGear section, so I hardly look further up than that. :)

It was an amazing start to the season and I was pleasantly surprised when the VW segment turned into the 1M feature. I'd love to own that car and most likely never will due to the low volume run.

I sure how the rest of the season keeps pace with the start :D

Not sure if this has been posted already: nice video from the TopGear website!

[video]http://bcove.me/wxvgyhly[/video]

Amy having a nice quiet chat to James as Jezza is not around. :)

Glad to see they've got their Christmas decs up nice and early

(Don't stop posting the links, LC!)

What. An. Episode. There wasn't a single moment I didn't enjoy. Even the Marauder segment, which I was expecting to be the weak point of the episode, played its role perfectly as an ice-breaker.

What I liked most about this episode is how 'happy' it felt, and how happy it made me. Every emotion you saw from the presenters felt genuine. Yes, I can believe Hammond giggled like a little kid pulling the legs off a spider driving that colossus. Yes, I can believe May really did make many a crisis moan changing gears. And, looking at those marvellous beasts, I can definitely believe Clarkson fell in love there and then with the Eagle. What an absolute stunner. Goregous.

More like this please, yum yum! Gave it 10/10 based on my feelings of gaiety and reckless abandon.

I didnt read anyone else's posts because I wanted to type my view unaltered.

I loved this episode. Lots.

Excellent from start to finish. Had a bit of everything for everyone and was presented beautifully.

Though I am one of those guys who pine for the "old" days of pendine sands etc, I have to take my hat off, it was great.

Pretty sure that the Mini from Restoration Rip-Off was used in the Winter Olympics special? They attached rockets to it and sent it down the skijump at Lillehammer ?

One hell of a series opener. Had a little bit of everything: amazing silliness, track review, race against an athlete, and proper enthusiasts' film. Vintage Top Gear. 10/10

fantastic episode, not old top gear but certainly heading in a new and wonderful direction

the e-type film was the best part in this episode

the episode content was pretty ok, but wow! Daft Punk was all over this episode!!! and Justice and Daft Punk in the same sketch?!?!? YES!!!! also, that indian woman over the shoulder of Richard early on in the episode was HOT!!!! the shorter one, that is.

Really enjoyed that, so refreshing to have a normal episode without a load of scripted "jokes". Destroying an Alfa was a bit unnecessary though, they could've picked something else!

Oh and I am in love with the girl who was stood behind Alice Cooper, simply stunning.

Quite some stuff in the episode didn?t work for me ... on balance, I did enjoy it though. The Marauder-bit was my favorite part ... my least favorite were the studio-segments. I don?t agree with Jeremy on the E-type Jaguar and the 1 Series M coupe - so those two loveletters kind of missed the point a bit for me. The most stupid moment perhaps was when Jeremy called the 1 Series M Coupe a "family saloon". Now that?s far from the truth even by Top Gear standards ...
The Countryman-ice-race startet off with a bit of an insult, trying to make a connection between the old mini and the new countryman ... but after those brief moments, all was well. It was funny to see how James has become more used to this kind of stuff over the years :D

7/10

The end was easily the best part.

wow that marauder segment was expensive.... no wonder we only get 6 episodes a season now.. they trashed an H3, 2 city cars, paid mcDs, and even paid the police.