Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Ah...Colonel Sanders. The patron saint of hearburn

Why do you like diesel? Diesel's for farm equipment.

Because we don't like "tr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r"-ish noises all the way.

What are you talking about?

"And on that bombshell..."

Do you think Clarkson will ever trademark the phrase like the announcer guy trademarked "Lets get ready to rumble"

Another thing... Can someone check what and when they did the challenge where they each crash into a brick wall. Jeremy's car hasnt got any speedo so he went too fast and fracture something. What was it? Was it a different injury than the one he got from punching Piers Morgan? Thanks

Last edited:
Re: brick wall, I'm with Narf - first Cheap Car Challenge, the 'buy a car and drive to Manchester and back for less than the cost of a train ticket' one. No idea what he was driving, but it ended up in an argument with Hammond about whether the bone was "broken" or just "chipped".

Jezza drove a Volvo 760 GLE in that one.

Re: brick wall, I'm with Narf - first Cheap Car Challenge, the 'buy a car and drive to Manchester and back for less than the cost of a train ticket' one. No idea what he was driving, but it ended up in an argument with Hammond about whether the bone was "broken" or just "chipped".

'Twas a Volvo 760 GLE, bought for ?1.
In the lorry challenge :jeremy: drove a Renault Magnum through a brick wall as well, and obviously was injured :wheelchair:

Alright, I'm about to ask an annoying but necessary question.

Is there a place to stream Top Gear as it comes out live? I don't mind waiting for the good quality and very high quality versions after the episode has aired, I have a world of patience when it comes to that. I just wanted to feel like I was watching it live for once.

I know the bbc2 player is there but it doesn't stream when you're not in the UK. Is there some bypass for it that doesn't involve proxies? Possibly some javascript?

Alright, I'm about to ask an annoying but necessary question.

Is there a place to stream Top Gear as it comes out live? I don't mind waiting for the good quality and very high quality versions after the episode has aired, I have a world of patience when it comes to that. I just wanted to feel like I was watching it live for once.

I know the bbc2 player is there but it doesn't stream when you're not in the UK. Is there some bypass for it that doesn't involve proxies? Possibly some javascript?

Greasemonkey for Firefox used to work for me...dunno why it stopped. Every now and then, it'll let me watch on the BBC site. But not too much anymore. Might be cause I downloaded the latest version of Firefox and changed something...but maybe give it a try?

And Streetfire.net usually has the episodes up pretty quick.

A certain cubic site has it up within 15 minutes on a normal Sunday, always amazes me.