Random Thoughts....

Leaving for yellowstone :D.

Flying to Salt Lake City via Vegas, then driving up to Montana.

God awful early right now, so wish us luck!

I was going to say something about old geezers then but I won't.

Very jealous and have fun.

Debating if I want to rush out of work at 3:30 (time I leave anyway), get to Naperville North HS to catch a shuttle to the Naperville Rib Fest, so I can pay $12 to stand in 90+ degree heat and listen to a CCR tribute band at 4:45.

Have fun! It's an amazing place.

Edit: Ok hear me out... Dreams are inherently positive and nightmare obviously negative... is there a term for a neutral night time vision event?

Last edited:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream also doesn?t give me the impression that "dream" is exclusively positive in the english-language ...

I should have used the term implied rather than inherent... I was just remarking that in common usage the term dream is positive; ie "dream girl", "dream job", or "dream team". The common usage no longer directly follows the book definition. The reason the thought comes up is because of a "night time vision event" I had the other night, that was neither completely positive nor completely negative... It revolved around the event of my grandmothers passing (she's currently 84) and the entire family went on a vacation to Norway (where she was born) in her honor. Now it sounds terrible if I boiled it down to the phrase "I dream about my grandmother dying", but on the other hand it is equally incorrect to state "I had a nightmare where I traveled around Norway with my family".

Last edited:

Aww, have fun! Funnily enough, we're heading down to LA/SD today for the weekend, but if you're stopping by SLC on your way back, say hi! if you can. :)

Aww, have fun! Funnily enough, we're heading down to LA/SD today for the weekend, but if you're stopping by SLC on your way back, say hi! if you can. :)

I will frantically wave like a wetodd once I get off :p.

Have fun in so Cal!!!! The weather is bitchin.

We just landed in Vegas. Took like 5 minutes. I literally played 2.5 songs on my phone before they asked us to turn it off for landing.

Our flight to slc is less than 1 hr from now. We have to rush from gate B14 allllll the freakin way, dragging our baggage like crazy to gate B12. :|.

So many slot machines around, maybe I can win big money before we head off.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

:lol: The date that you wish you had? :p

Yellowstone is fantastic. Seriously though, stay on the walkways like the signs say, don't stray off. There are many areas with unstable ground and people have fallen through and been killed when they get dropped into scalding acid laced water.

Yellowstone is fantastic. Seriously though, stay on the walkways like the signs say, don't stray off. There are many areas with unstable ground and people have fallen through and been killed when they get dropped into scalding acid laced water.

:D thanks for the advice!

Just got into salt lake. The weather and the girls are purrrrrdy

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

You really should. It's probably one of the best standard format ones they've made in a long time. Opener is a bit silly but after that it really gets into its stride.
Actually, I liked the opener. Agreed, it was silly, but it was silly in the old Top Gear way of being silly. it was silly in the same way as driving a Micra convertible with a paper bag over the head or applauding the coat hanger in the new Vauxhall Astra was silly.
Debating if I want to rush out of work at 3:30 (time I leave anyway), get to Naperville North HS to catch a shuttle to the Naperville Rib Fest, so I can pay $12 to stand in 90+ degree heat and listen to a CCR tribute band at 4:45.
That sounds like a brilliant way to spend the day, to be honest.... bettern than mine.

I arrived at Coventry for a conference. Right now I am sitting on my bed in a Bed & Breakfast close to the University, which means miles away from anywhere else. Close to the countryside as well, but I'm not here for going on a gewaltmarsch.

Random observations from my trip:
-The city of Liverpool is blessed with the best known, most-loved act in the history of popular music, maybe even the most popular entertainment figures in the history of mankind as their sons. One might think that this is a property one can not overadvertise. The city of Liverpool does so. I even included a three-hour changeover in Liverpool in order to see some sights and stock up on overpriced merseybeat memorabilia. But the way the city council and local business try to milk their cash cow is even more disgusting than how the city of Weimar tries to do the same with Goethe.

-As the bus pass option that came with my train ticket was not valid on the airport express bus, I had to take a normal bus from John Lennon International to the city center. I learnt a lot of things about Britain, or at least England this way. Most obvious is that women wear (even) more sexualized clothing than in Berlin. Every teenage girl i saw wore lip-reading pants and had thick layers of make-up on her, while the height of the heels businesswomen wear is unbelievable. My girlfriend has one pair like that for special occasions (on which she does not have to walk all too much).

-No less than three teenage mums rode on the bus with me.

-I saw a mint condition Capri, some 60s british roadster being worked on and a VW bug in good nick from the bus. Yay for classic car ownership. Generally, the relation between size and condition of houses and value, condition and age of the cars parked in front of them is quite different from what I am used to.

-The train service in Britain feels very 80s in the most positive way. The trains are slow, maybe a bit run-down, but they are relyably on time. That's the way it should be, none of this ICE crap!

-As the only supermarket close to my b&b is on the university's campus, I got myself some beer there. Sitting on the stairs of the student's union building drinking a beer I realized I finally am too old to fit into an assembly of undergraduates. I stand out because of my age, and not in a good way. So I am having my second beer back in my room with my friends from FinalGear.

EDIT: Giving a talk on war, of all things, in Coventry, of all places, brought out the sterotypical German in me: Asking a guy with a Sch?ferhund for directions I said "Calm down, Blondi" when the dog started barking at me. Luckily the dog's owner did not hear it (or pretended not to).

EDIT 2:
Channel 5's "In Seagal we trust" trailer is brilliant!

Last edited:
^
LOL at Liverpool & scouse girls.
Also, did you get your Freeview TV and if so are you watching Road Wars now?

:smile:

No Freeview for me - CSI:Miami on Channel 5.