Random Thoughts....

What? As I remember it, the Uni is in the centre of town.
There are two universities in Coventry: Coventry University and Warwick University. The latter is on the outskirts.
Coventry - er I think they may just about forgiven Germans, was pretty nasty there though. One of the reasons I have no sympathy for Germans winging about Dresden, what the hell did they expect?
Both RAF Bomber Command and the Luftwaffe claimed that the respective strikes on civilian housing were reprisals for breaches of the rules of engagement commited by the other side. Of course, this strikes in turn called for reprisals and it was all a downward spiral from there, which is why I argue to outlaw reprisals altogether. I'd have to look up who started it all, but it does not matter anyways. Most likely either Hitler or Churchill/Harris took a bomb that accidently hit some cottage on a field next to an millitary installation as a reason.

Apart from this - I don't think there is any reason that can legitimate indiscriminate attacks agains civilians. Not for an outlaw state like the Nazis and even less for a country assuming the moral high ground like Britain, the US or post-war Germany.

Last edited:
Not at all, the cops were just out in swarms. I saw seven people getting tickets/field sobriety tests over a five mile stretch of US129.

Friday night?

We were flying on utah/idaho freeways and I pointed out to my dad that there was a cop on the median. He brakes to slow down some, and as we pass the coppa, he turns around and joins the traffic. We're like aww goddamnit. Dad switches to the right lane and drives uber slowly. I see the cop rushin behind, and I'm like damnit. He's now 2 cars behind us, and turns on his sirens. The truck in front of him pulls over and so does he.

I was like "Score!". Have no idea if that truck was speeding or if he confused our truck with his but I felt lucky as hell.

Whose leg do I have to hump around here Who do I have to PM to order a Finalgear window cling? I sent Quiky a message but from what I understand, he's taking a leave of absence.

I treat finalgear like hinduism or egyptianism (sp?). If at first one of the gods is afk, pray pray again. Pretty sure Vishnu, I mean Viper, is avail. He answered my phone call about bear attacks in yellowstone. And from what I've heard, Overlord Quiky really does need a big break, that poor guy.

I've asked this many times, but have either forgotten or never gotten an answer. Where has Vuk(the person who used to rip us Top Gear before the scene came along) gone?

For LP, visiting Yellowstone this Fourth Of July.

[video=youtube;QKtT8x-1G50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKtT8x-1G50[/video]

If you have not seen Ken Burns The National Parks, do yourself a favor and watch by any means necessary.
Now that I think of it, going to Yellowstone or one of our many National Parks this weekend is uber patriotic. More so than planting a flag and turning hot dogs and burgers into blackened mysteries.

Yesterday we had a corporate dinner for 50-60 people to celebrate a milestone. There was food left over. I just had some of those left overs...

400x.jpg

[video=youtube;QKtT8x-1G50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKtT8x-1G50[/video]

If you have not seen Ken Burns The National Parks, do yourself a favor and watch by any means necessary.
Now that I think of it, going to Yellowstone or one of our many National Parks this weekend is uber patriotic. More so than planting a flag and turning hot dogs and burgers into blackened mysteries.

I watched that last year for a geography class. It was a pretty good movie.

That and we got extra credit, pizza and soda as well..that was nice too. Made going to a 3 hour night class a bit more enjoyable.

* snip yt link *

Agree on Ken Burns films, there is also the BBC series that is very good. 3 x 1 hour programs which I think were co-produced with Discovery.

BBC Series "Yellowstone"(Wiki)

Have a good one, Lurks.
:)

Reactions: Jay
I need to find that Yellowstone series! If I can find all six series of Coast, this has got to be out there too.

I found it after 30 seconds of searching on a certain boxy website in glorious HD. I was unaware they had done a series on Yellowstone, I have a horrible weakness for these BBC documentaries. This will make my day pass much easier.

Ah, good enjoy!

Try and get the BBC version rather than the Discovery version.

Main program is 50 minutes to allow for adverts, however, the BBC version then had a ten minute extra short, showing people working Yellowstone who helped during the making of the films.

:cool:

Ah, good enjoy!

Try and get the BBC version rather than the Discovery version.

Main program is 50 minutes to allow for adverts, however, the BBC version then had a ten minute extra short, showing people working Yellowstone who helped during the making of the films.

:cool:

I did get the BBC version. I don't see mention of that short in any of the available files though, but not a big loss, us Wyomingites are all fairly similar with our enthusiasm for Yellowstone so it would probably just be a short look at my normal life anyway :lol:

A couple weeks ago a friend went back to Yellowstone to take some pictures and had a car drive off the road and rollover a few times right in front of him. He helped pull the people out and direct traffic around until the rangers got there.

Last edited:
After the Canada Day fireworks last night I turned around and saw noctiluminescent clouds (haven't downloaded photos from my camera yet). And as I was looking at them I saw a meteor. Blew my mind.

BECAUSE GRAVITY

For 38 years old, that is looking pretty good. It is weird for women; they usually start to first show signs of age in the face, then it moves slowly downward.

Last edited:
I thought everyone gathered, on the 24th of May, to sit in the sand and watch the fireworks display.

Some people use any excuse to explode things, but Canada Day fireworks are the big ones, far less people care about the Victoria Day fireworks, if there even are any where one happens to be on May TwoFour.

:|

[video=youtube;tgeg-xadx9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgeg-xadx9s[/video]