Toilet paper: Overhand or underhand?

Toilet paper: Overhand or underhand?

• Total voters
If ever I have to take a shit in someone's house or establishment and the toilet paper is hung underhand, I worry a little for their sanity. And I try to leave as quickly as possible. Such awkwardness in obtaining toilet paper is unnecessary.

QFT

Overhand with the left....oh wait this is about toilet paper.

I see what you did there.

This is one of those topics that just has to crop up periodically.
Sorry to be a party pooper, but who gives a shit. :rolleyes:

We all do, that's why it is being discussed.

I have to laugh a bit. This question was asked on a different forum that I used to be on years ago. What came out of it was one of the funniest threads I have ever read on a forum!

Btw over is the way to go. Under is for insane people!

For years I was used to underhand and would be annoyed if the paper was changed to overhand at home, but our roll holder is shaped if you go underhand it's easily grab-able. Most of the time overhand is easier but sometimes it gets stuck to the roll, so you have to try and find the end. Not a problem with underhand, gravity does it for you.

I'm liking the idea of a bog-roll room for a continuous stream of paper though.

Overhand and it drives me nuts the other way. Pet peeve. Makes it harder to grab the end of it. :(

Most of the time overhand is easier but sometimes it gets stuck to the roll, so you have to try and find the end. Not a problem with underhand, gravity does it for you.
Ah, and overhand somehow defies the laws of physics? :blink: If the paper sticks to the roll it's likewise when it's underhand...

P.S.: I believe we've had such a thread already last year or so, but I can't find it anymore. Or was it in another forum? I don't know...

I nearly started a thread the other day about which way up you store your ironing board, point end up (weirdos) or down (normal people) but then I figured most people here wouldn't know what an ironing board is.

Any option for keeping it out in the living room coz I'm too lazy to fold it back up and shove it in a closet somewhere?

Overhand, underhand makes it harder to get because you find your fingers hitting the wall. On a semi related topic, why is toilet paper always the bad stuff even in the most high end establishments. Is there some kind of unwritten rule that even if you charge interstellar prices, you must use the worst toilet paper imaginable?

Definitely overhand.

I remember seeing a nifty infographic about this just a few weeks ago but I can't seem to find it. I think it was on 9gag or something. Anyway, I remember it saying men are much more likely to be bothered by this problem.

Overhand , so you can fold the little triangle :)

Nearly three years here and that is your only post?

It is my sad and solemn duty to relieve you of your man-card.

Is there some kind of unwritten rule that even if you charge interstellar prices, you must use the worst toilet paper imaginable?

My department orders bathroom supplies; for a medium sized dealership that employs about 35 people and we go through one case of jumbo sized rolls a week, a case equals 24 rolls.

I nearly started a thread the other day about which way up you store your ironing board, point end up (weirdos) or down (normal people) but then I figured most people here wouldn't know what an ironing board is.

Oi, are you calling me a weirdo :shakefist:

:p

a) we already had this thread
b) if you use underhand, everyone will know you were dropped on your head when you were very young

I haven't even moved in yet, even though it is already my official place of residence :p I've taken a pile of random junk in boxes there already, but no furniture or anything that I'd need daily. Next saturday I'll get a dining table and chairs and I'm still trying to find a cheap sofa and a bed.

b) if you use underhand, everyone will know you were dropped on your head when you were very young

Your logic is failing, I use overhand and I was dropped on my head when I was very young :p