No 56k: Parked like an idiot

Parked like a boss! :p

Always wondered what it'd be like having a prime mover as a runabout. Annoying probably, but one can dream!

I use my worktruck (wich is in the same class as that IVECO) for shopping and after work random errands during the week since it's easier and faster then driving home, take the Ram and head back out, (+I'm lazy) I can tell you this:

It sucks :p

Basicly you have to walk alot further everywere since you always have to leave it at the edge of the parkinglot/city center and people look at you like your insane......wich might be accurate.
+buying a TV when the back is compleetly full leads to some rather weird looks when the cops stop you and ask why there is a huge box with the seatbelt on it in the passengerseat.

You know, people with regular cars just pop the TV in the boot :dunno:

That entire (lighthearted) post I was talking about my worktruck, (wich has no real 'boot', unless you count the REALY big open one, and even that was full) not the 'not regular car' that irks you so much......damn troll.

Last edited:
It's also worth noting that the passenger area is often larger than the boot in "regular" cars, since it's meant for people, which are larger than most cargo. So it's quite common to carry large items inside the cabin....

eNqrH.jpg

Basicly you have to walk alot further everywere since you always have to leave it at the edge of the parkinglot/city center and people look at you like your insane......wich might be accurate.
+buying a TV when the back is compleetly full leads to some rather weird looks when the cops stop you and ask why there is a huge box with the seatbelt on it in the passengerseat.

Stick it on the flatbed :p

for some damn reason, i dont mind when its cars like that. am i sick or something? help me please...

It depends on where they park. I notice a lot of incredibly nice cars taking up 2+ spots, but they usually have the good sense to park way out in the back of the lot where there is no shortage of free parking everywhere. I can't say I blame them. Having some douchebag park too close and slam their door into your car can't be fun. That door ding will probably cost more to fix than the car that created it is worth.

Why should anyone who can afford such a car stick less to markings (which are there for a reason)? Yes, those cars may be wider than your standard Focus, 3-series or Golf, but they are still on the same roads and in the same parking lots which make them not worse or better than them. Even footballers should comprehend what those markings are for, they are pretty idiot-proof, but if you don't mind that they park that shitty they could think they are better persons than you who can get away with that, and if they can get away with that they can get away with speeding, parking in spaces for disabled people or accidents.

</rant>

Why should anyone who can afford such a car stick less to markings (which are there for a reason)? Yes, those cars may be wider than your standard Focus, 3-series or Golf, but they are still on the same roads and in the same parking lots which make them not worse or better than them. Even footballers should comprehend what those markings are for, they are pretty idiot-proof, but if you don't mind that they park that shitty they could think they are better persons than you who can get away with that, and if they can get away with that they can get away with speeding, parking in spaces for disabled people or accidents.

</rant>
Read the post above. I have the same problem, I have a few dings from morons who can't not slam their doors into my damn car. Especially if they are in SUV's because the plastic molding that's there to prevent such things is too low. I do park within the line though but always try to find a spot with two empties on each side on the far side of the lot.

A school bus can take up 4 spots in this lot? alright....

6f19553a4ffc932a0085f9e44e5abce8546abbc4_wmeg.jpg

I think its fine if one has to stop off for something (there certainly is downtime and sometimes dropping the bus off at the yard to fetch your car can be inconvienent at best) and they park at the end of the lot.

That's a nice looking Vision though, I'll give them that :)

:| Why do I know this? Damn you weird hobbies...*shakes fist*

via Reddit:

7Naem.jpg

Wha...I don't even...

Slightly off topic, but what do you guys do when you buy a new (or new to you) car and have to park? Do you do the whole "park at the very end of the lot" thing, or choose the first spot you see per usual?

Last edited:
As I'm pretty good at parking I think (well, I park my 3-series touring where a buddy of mine doesn't park his A3 2-door...) and for me the car is more a tool than a unicorn which has to be flawless I don't park as far away from other cars as possible. If there's a ding in the door it's annoying but not the end of the world.

That said, I would address someone who just put a ding in my door and I witnessed it...

It depends on where they park. I notice a lot of incredibly nice cars taking up 2+ spots, but they usually have the good sense to park way out in the back of the lot where there is no shortage of free parking everywhere. I can't say I blame them. Having some douchebag park too close and slam their door into your car can't be fun. That door ding will probably cost more to fix than the car that created it is worth.

Yes, where I work we get a fair amount of super cars, and they'll take up two spaces frequently, but most of the time they'll park in the very back. Plus they'll often park next to each other, so it makes the property look nicer as guests approach :)

I have no problem with taking up two spaces near the back of a lot to protect your car. I do have a problem with the guy who owned a shitty old Acura RL who I used to see double-parked daily in a lot that was often without a single free space (would park there for school).

I have no problem with taking up two spaces near the back of a lot to protect your car. I do have a problem with the guy who owned a shitty old Acura RL who I used to see double-parked daily in a lot that was often without a single free space (would park there for school).

It's d-bags like that who make me see red.

</rant>

Oh, give me a fucking break.

IM one of those "D-bags" and ill park my car in 2 spaces at home (along with others) as well as park in the back of the parking lot to avoid people but they still manage to park 3 fucking inches away from me. What it seems like your crying about is that these people think they are above the law, well, trust me they are far from it. When you drive high end cars you will become a target to police. I have driven through small towns where i was followed just because of what i was driving. So, when a honda parks like a dumbass (like the post above) then i think its stupid and when a bentley parks like a dick at the front of the lot then i think they are a dick as well but this looks to me like maybe a valet parked these. the valet at Westshore Plaza here in Tampa parks cars like this. Just wants to make sure they are away from eachother, i will tip better if i see him doing that.

Last edited: